+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th Of July!!

Happy 4th Of July!!

Wishing all my American Forters a very HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

I hope you all enjoy your upcoming weekend of festivities. Have a very safe and wonderful holiday with your friends and families! Wishing you all great weather, good picnics, BBQs, and cold beer! What's everyone planning?

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

A month ago I thought that I'd be able to take a four-day weekend for the fourth. Three weeks ago, I thought that a three-day was still possible. Now I have my doubts about even taking off for the actual holiday. If I do get the day off, I think that I'll celebrate by making some of my mother's killer potato salad.

I live in a county where ALL fireworks are illegal in rural areas, so I'll probably watch my neighbor's illegal show I just hope that I don't have a repeat of a few years ago when some nearly sober people decided that 2 AM in 160 acres of wheat stubble across the road from me was a good time/place to shoot fireworks.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

CCL
    Here's hoping you get the day off, Newfherder. And Happy July 4th to all the Americans!!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD
    We don't have any plans this year and its irking the 15 year old. With us moving, we are going to spend the day cleaning and packing. Besides the dogs get so scared because of the idiots shooting off fireworks that I have to sedate them. So I've gotten over fireworks really quickly as it is not a pretty sight what it does to my doggies.

We can see the towns show from my backyard, so don't have to go anywhere. And I always watch the Boston Pops.

Hope everyone else has a great 4th.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Happy 4th of July...all the best, and happy BBQ's! Hugs to our Southern neighbours (or neighbors it you will).

its not july yet

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar
    A HAPPY 4TH TO EVERYONE!
    I'm lucky enough to have a four-day weekend. YAY! Nothing specific planned but will probably spend a couple of days out home with my folks. If I play my cards right, I might be able to talk them into making homemade ice cream, Yum-Yum!! Here's wishing safe travels for everyone!

I just found out today that we will be off on Mon and Tues so it'll be a 4 day for me. B/F has to work Sat but he'll have a 3 day so he's not too upset about it. No plans but we may make an impromptu trip to Dallas to visit my sister or something. We'll see! Hope everyone has a great holiday as well. Also, my bday is July 9th and I start the celebrating early and it lasts long. I'm definitely a Month of July celebrator!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bebewood View Post
    its not july yet
    We can't let that get in the way of us making our plans, though!!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, EVERYONE!!

Me? I have a long weekend coming up -- today's my "Friday," even though it's only Thursday, and then I will be off for the next five days!

I have to work the weekend, but I'll get to enjoy the 4th again this year since I'm off Mondays and Tuesdays. I hope to make the most of it since it's not often I get any of the big-deal holidays off. Yeee--haw!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast