+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Bosses

mrd, I can't believe you had soooo much fun! You know, I truly believe what goes around comes around. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, but it will come around!! I'm thinking of you and hope you find your dream job. God luck!!!!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    myrosiedog, your family got by fine on one salary for many years. You can do so again until you find a good job. It doesn't have to be a perfect job, but it shouldn't be one where you're basically asked to lie to your other colleagues to please this one liar of a man. Who hires an office manager to clean the restrooms? That's why offices hire professional cleaning services. Duh. There is no such thing as a perfect job--there are liars and horrible people in all situations. However, all the bad things usually aren't rolled up into one bully of a boss. Try not to fret over this too much. You absolutely did the right thing! (And make sure they pay you for those 2 days of work!!!)

MRD
    Thanks. I now know that both the employment agency and this man totally misrepresented the job to me, so now I have to question the integrity of the staffing service as well.

I won't be as naive next time. I know there is no perfect job or perfect boss, but there is something better than this situation.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog, I agree that you should question that staffing service. Had they provided the previous eight people who quit? If so, then why are they continuing to send more! You did the right thing.

Oh myrosiedog. I'm so very sorry to hear of the horrible man and job you got tricked into. What a major mess of a place. Thank goodness you are OUT OF THERE!

I guess the job sounded too good to be true and it certainly was. It's amazing how rude obnoxious idiots remain in jobs and continue to harass other employees. I'm amazed he has any customers at all!

Now something really good will be able to come your way. Something that helps to build you up and not tear you down. You were very smart to quit immediately and leave that negativity behind.

I'll send good wishes for a plum new position somewhere happy to land right on your doorstep. Or at least cause your telephone to ring!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mydogrosie, I'm glad you left that horrible situation but I wonder why he doesn't understand the reason so many people in the similar position have quit.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2128287;
    Mydogrosie, I'm glad you left that horrible situation but I wonder why he doesn't understand the reason so many people in the similar position have quit.
    Cause people like that never think its them. He himself told me that the people he had before were either incompetent or immature.

It's like my BIL who's been married 5 times. He has horrible things to say about his 4 ex-wives and I want to say: have you ever considered it might be YOU? Either he's picking the wrong kind of woman to marry or he's such an asshat (I tend to believe this one since I've known him) that no woman will stay with him.

Same with the boss. He's never going to get anyone to stay because he treats people so badly, but he will always justify it as their fault, not his.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd, I'm sorry you had such a bad job experience. You are such a strong person that you had the good sense to get out immediately whereas others obviously stayed longer and took the abuse. I wonder why the head boss doesn't think it odd that so many people quit. If only the asshats (as you so eloquently put it ) would be the ones to get the boot instead of them running off good people!

I know you'll find something else soon. I once used a temp agency and stayed at my job for 3 years before quitting to go back to college. Now I'm quitting my current job after only 3 months because it was only part-time and we've had some financial setbacks that require me to find full-time. I'm nervous about getting stuck in a "bad boss" situation. I haven't had a bad boss for 8 years and the one I have now is great. But my position can't be changed to full-time so I'll be joining you real soon in the search for a new job. I'm staying where I'm at until they find a replacement because I didn't want to leave them high and dry, that's how nice they are.

Good luck!

Me and my Boss - sound familiar?
    -----------------

When I take a long time to finish, I am slow.
    When my boss takes a long time, he is thorough.

When I don’t do it, I am lazy.
    When my boss does not do it, he is busy.

When I do something without being told, I am trying to be smart.
    When my boss does the same, he takes the initiative.

When I please my boss, I am apple polishing.
    When my boss pleases his boss, he is cooperating.

When I make a mistake, I'm an idiot.
    When my boss makes a mistake, he’s only human.

When I am out of the office, I am wandering around.
    When my boss is out of the office, he’s on business.

When I am on a day off sick, I am always sick.
    When my boss is a day off sick, he must be very ill.

When I apply for leave, I must be going for an interview.
    When my boss applies for leave, it’s because he’s overworked.

When I do good, my boss never remembers.
    When I do wrong, he never forgets.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I think I know that guy!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast