+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trouble Cancelling Services

Re: Trouble Cancelling Services

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2484589;
    Oh, when my father passed away I filled out one of those forms to cancel his mail and I tried to list all the items I could. When the agency/company/firm replied saying they had recieved my form they also told me that they could only do this for 5 yrs and then the subscriptions and what ever would start again. That statement threw me for a loop, what part of dead did they not understand?
    I feel your pain! I moved into my grandparent's house after they passed away. Two years later, my grandfather got a jury duty notice. I called the number and started to explain that he had passed away. They wanted a copy of the death certificate! I finally just said "Trust me, he won't show up for jury duty" and hung up.

The utilities were also all in his name, but I eventually got them changed into my name without a lot of hassle. Aside from the water - that was a royal nightmare. I moved out of my grandparent's house five years ago and I spent HOURS with the water/sewer company trying to explain that I had been the one paying the water bill for ten years and that I wanted to transfer the service to our new house. I ended up paying a deposit but that $60 was well worth not having to deal with the stupidity.

DirecTV has GREAT customer service. We actually don't dread calling them if we have a problem!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2484818;
    Well, it's obvious, Newfherder...

You spent several hundred in cash to go to Canada (Montreal, no less) and back, just to gyp Capitol -One out of 82 bucks...
    I'm nefarious
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2484689;
    If you have a service like Vonage and your power goes out, does the phone stop working too?
    Yes. I have a cell as backup here. It can only work if there is power, though (unless there's a trick that I don't know about).
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345