+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Cancelling Services

Re: Trouble Cancelling Services

Vonage is the absolute worst I've ever experienced, I agree. Luckily for me, I used to be a negotiator (in my former life), and I have some of the 'slap' techniques (when you negotiate, you really do need to know when to fondle and when to slap) down pat, or I think I'd still be on the phone with them, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2481414;
    Vonage is the absolute worst I've ever experienced, I agree. Luckily for me, I used to be a negotiator (in my former life), and I have some of the 'slap' techniques (when you negotiate, you really do need to know when to fondle and when to slap) down pat, or I think I'd still be on the phone with them, .
    Oh, please share some of your slap techniques.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

I stupidly ordered a gym from a trusted company. I called to cancel it an HOUR later... and they said it was already shipped. I said that's bull, I want to cancel it now. They wouldn't let me (and I supposedly had a 60 day free trial) and they said I had to refuse it at the door. So... a MONTH later the gym shows up at my door, and I wasn't home to refuse it, so they leave a huge three boxes on my door that I never signed for.

So, I called them and told them I wasn't able to refuse it and need them to come pick it up. They said they must first get authorization from their employers. I called four times that week and said can you guys come pick it up. Well, They never picked up the phone, at all, every time I called. It took me THREE more weeks and finally they said they received authorization.

Finally! And they picked it up on the 55th day, and it was returned to them two days later. So, after all that trouble (and them NEVER picking up the phone) yeah. I'll never order a gym again.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2480088;
    I don't know Lois, I've dealt with enough people in certain places that I think "are you a tool?" is a question on the employment application and if you check yes, you automatically get the job.
    How true, mrd. How true.

I always thought Vonage might be something worth trying out, but after hearing this, no way!!

Julian, glad it all worked out. Just a note of advice: NEVER order anything unless you really REALLY want it. It's such a hassle to return stuff. I'd rather pay more and buy it in a store with a decent return policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2481987;
    I always thought Vonage might be something worth trying out, but after hearing this, no way!!
    Lois, Vonage is just one VOIP provider, there are many others. I know a lot of folks that have various services and are quite happy with them. You might poke around, do a little research, and find out if there are some that offer services in your area that provide good service.

I'd never discourage anyone from VOIP, but I'd never encourage anyone to use Vonage as the provider.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Gosh, I've been thrilled with Vonage. I had Lingo before and they didn't cancel my services for several months after I told them to do so. They had no phone numbers to call at all at the time, either. Only email.

I suppose I may just love Vonage because I've never had to try to cancel their services. From a provider standpoint, they've been excellent for me, though. No dropped calls like I had with Lingo and the sound quality and reliability is great. Now y'all have made me nervous if I have to cancel it one day, though. I surely don't want an AOL repeat. I might burst a blood vessel.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Star, as long as you are the one whose name is on the account, it will go much better than what I had to deal with. BUT, they will still try to get you to keep the service. They, like AOL, just don't want you to go onto another carrier.

When my brother, who is the one who got my parents onto Vonage in the first place, wanted to switch to a new provider, he told me that Vonage was trying their best to keep him one of their customers. He was still on the phone way too long with them.

So just be prepared and stand strong! Of course, first you have to get them to put a human on the phone and not keep you on hold forever! LOL

I have a good canceling story to tell but you'all will just have to wait until tomorrow- I have to concentrate on ED and Kail!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I have Vonage now for about 9 months, no problems so far.

AOL I had free for 1 yr all because of a 30 day free trial offer and they kept refusing to cancel when I called every time the free extension period ended. I quit for a while and did it again for another free yr. Then I made the mistake of actually signing up as a customer. They are total ripoff artists. I was on a $20.00 a month plan and I always ended paying $50 to $60 a month. It made no sense. Unfortunately I had a 6 month contract. I also know to call then in the evenings on a Sunday, seriously ask the customer reps most were pretty helpful as to when to call otherwise you can sit on the phone 50 or 60 minutes waiting on a rep to answer.

Oh, when my father passed away I filled out one of those forms to cancel his mail and I tried to list all the items I could. When the agency/company/firm replied saying they had recieved my form they also told me that they could only do this for 5 yrs and then the subscriptions and what ever would start again. That statement threw me for a loop, what part of dead did they not understand?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

AOL is a joke. I tried to cancel them over service interupptions and they gave me 6 months free. I then called them again and was given a run around to cancel along with another month free for my troubles.

I finally threatened to sic my lawyer on them and they cancelled me out and sent me a letter about how sorry they are to lose my business.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast