+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arbonne International

Arbonne International

I've just been invited to an Arbonne International home party. It is a Swiss formula product line that is manufactured now in the U.S. It has skin products, make-up, bath products, aromatherapy, baby skin care, weight loss products and vitamins.

Is anyone familiar with this line? Have you tried anything? Do you recommend anything? Do you know anyone who sells it?

I haven't heard of it but I guess it's now in Canada. It's a multi-level marketing thing sold by representatives only.

Here the main link I googled: http://www.arbonne.com/
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I know people who have sold it - it works like a Mary Kay or Avon - you have to have a rep to buy it. I never used the products because I was advised against the progesterone cream by a doctor (which was what I was interested in at one time). Not sure about their other stuff that's more cosmetic than "medical"

Premium Member
    One of my co-workers sells it so I tried the anti-aging line. It's the stuff in the orange packaging. I really did like it, but there were 2 reasons I probably won't ever buy it. First of all, it's pretty expensive, and the second reason is that there were 6 products that you need to do twice a day. I did it for 3 days, but by the third day it was already starting to seem tedious, and I knew there was no way I would keep up with 6 steps of skin care twice a day. You get a good deal if you are a rep, and I also think you save money by buying the whole line rather than individual products. I think the night cream alone was around $80, that was the most expensive thing.

Hmm. 6 steps twice a day? Not for me. Too much trouble. I'm a simple gal. $80 for one cream? Not for me. I'm on a fixed budget (LTD).

Maybe I'll see if there's something inexpensive, like their vitamin chews? Or I'll just go to see my cousin's house and dog (she's hosting the party). Since I've never been invited there to just, you know, like, have a coffee.

She says she's having coffee and chocolate. That might make it worth it! Besides, I really want to see her dog, Bear.

Well. I googled Arbonne and got the following prices. Not in my range at all. I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, I can purchase so I don't look cheap, and am supportive to my cousin's ventures. However, for the cost of a few of these packages, I can actually buy a simple dishwasher. Which I DO need.

**Does anyone have any ideas of how I can attend, and not look like I'm unsupportive?** Reps get 35% off what they purchase, so I cannot really fault my cousin for doing this. And I'm very glad she didn't spring this on me under the guise of coming over for a coffee!

I can't imagine spending $20+ on shampoo. I have medium length thick hair. I've recently even bought shampoo at The Dollar Store. Really. And I have a drawer full of makeup from my aunt who gets those little bonus packages when she buys her stuff.

**Should I advise my cousin when I RSVP that I will attend and support her cause, but not be able to spend $$$? Would that be RUDE? **

Please advise. Thank you!
    ----------------------------------------
    weight loss chews - $18/30 chews
    fibre shake $22 - 14 servings
    detox tea $12/20 teabags
    protein shake, $22, 18 servings
    -----------
    pre-shower cellulite scrub -- = $40/38 oz
    cellelite cream = $55/6 oz
    -------------------
    sea salt scrub = $20
    rejuvenating mist = $14.50
    bath and shower gel = $16.50
    body lotion = $18.50
    ---------------------
    make-up-concealer $16
    color wand = $24
    SPF makeup = $26
    translucent powder = $22
    pressed powder = $16 + compact $
    ----------------------
    eye pencil = $10
    eye shadow = $12
    brow wax = $16
    mascara = $22
    blush = $14
    eye makeup remover = $19.50
    ---------------
    sheer shine lips = $16
    lipstick = $16.50
    lip pencils = $10
    plump = $28
    -----------------
    color sets - warm, cool, neutral = $112.50
    = blush, 2 shadows,eye pencil, lipstick, lip pencil, shine, mascara
    -------------------
    accessories - to keep your products in
    brush set =10 pc. = $35
    custom color compact = $16
    custom color compact = $3
    travel palette = $8
    pressed powder rhinestone compact $no figure
    -----------------
    natural balancing cream = $30/2.5 ml
    ------------------
    vitamins - $39 /30 day Combo
    transforming lift = $48
    -----------------------
    Cleansing Mask = $26
    Reveal Facial Scrub = $28
    Clear Advantage Acne Wash - $15.50
    Toner = $15.50
    Lotion $16.50
    Acne support = $18.50
    KIT = $66
    ---------------------
    shampoo = $23.50 tea tree = $25
    conditioner= $25
    revitalizer = $23.50
    --------
    specials = bronzing powder $28 /$22.40

misskitty, if you've never been invited to just visit, then I wouldn't feel bad about not going to this shindig. And I can tell you that you WILL feel like a dog if you don't buy something. I had that happen once, after I had told the hostess that I really didn't need what they were selling. She insisted that I come because she supposedly got credit for each person who attended. And then the woman who was the rep made me feel like I'd peed in the punch. She kept trying to force me to sponsor a party.

And like you, I don't see anything on that list that I'd be interesting in wasting money on.

You'll probably think of something that you really HAVE to do that day. Now let's all put our heads together and decide just what that is.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    misskitty, if you've never been invited to just visit, then I wouldn't feel bad about not going to this shindig. And I can tell you that you WILL feel like a dog if you don't buy something. I had that happen once, after I had told the hostess that I really didn't need what they were selling. She insisted that I come because she supposedly got credit for each person who attended. And then the woman who was the rep made me feel like I'd peed in the punch. She kept trying to force me to sponsor a party.

And like you, I don't see anything on that list that I'd be interesting in wasting money on.

You'll probably think of something that you really HAVE to do that day. Now let's all put our heads together and decide just what that is.
    Aww Muduh...that's a priceless saying...I must remember that one!
    I'm of a different view tho...I'd call my cousin and tell her that I would be attending but I wouldn't be spending anything but I would be there to show my support for her. Then I'd go to the party and "ooh and ahh" over everything and then stick to my guns about not buying anything. I don't have a problem saying that I can't afford anything and that I can't/won't have a party but I'd be happy to take some of the rep's cards and possibly pass them on to someone who may be interested and my friend can contact the rep if they are interested. You've made it known upfront to your cousin that you won't be spending anything but that you want to be there to support them. Now, of course, if said cousin comes across as being a butthole on the phone about you not wanting to spend any money, then I wouldn't go and if she called after the fact I'd say that something unexpected came up and I couldn't make it.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks for your advice, Mudah and bbnbama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudah
    .. You'll probably think of something that you really HAVE to do that day. Now let's all put our heads together and decide just what that is..
    I know the feeling of being bullied into buying things at these type of affairs. Sometimes there is a lot of pressure and guilt applied. I also know I can be vulnerable and end up buying something only so I don't feel bad.

However, I am trying very hard to stand up for myself in situations like this. So it's actually a good "test" for me not to be a piece of carpet to be walked over. (Or to allow someone else to make me feel like I peed in the punch )

I'm considering sending her an e-mail reply to hers (chicken way out) indicating I won't be purchasing but will support her and encourage others. If I feel stressed out, I'll leave or go and play with her dog. And I won't take a credit card, cheque book or lots of money. I keep some for emergency use locked in the trunk of my car, just in case.

That way she knows I won't buy even though she'll be sure to think temptation will prevail. It's her mothers birthday soon, and I've been invited to a birthday lunch. So I imagine if she's mad at me over the Arbonne thing, they'll forget to tell me when it is Which would be just fine and let me know where I stand. It's not until the 25th so I'll let you know what happens.

Oh, and I'll wear a flack jacket when I go in case knives are thrown by her rep at me

I've gone to parties and told people that I couldn't afford anything. Sometimes they will get more bonus points just for the amount of people that attend, so I figure that is my contribution.

And I don't even feel bad saying no I can't/won't buy anything. My ex-fiance's mom cured me of that It's easiest to say no ahead of time if you determine you will say no and warn your hostess. That way no one is surprised, and you won't feel like a heel (or like you peed in the punch) saying no.

Premium Member
    I'm invited to a scrapbooking/stamping party this weekend, neither of which I am the least bit interested. It's being given by a good friend so I will go just because I haven't seen her in awhile, and maybe I will buy a stamp because they are kinda fun. That said, I think (speaking as a former Tupperware and Pampered Chef 'consultant' and ex-ding-dong Avon lady) that the home party thing is getting a little ridiculous. The products are more expensive like Arbonne and Longaberger, and there is more and more stuff that nobody really needs. I used to have everything in the entire Pampered Chef catalog since I sold the stuff, but now I have gotten rid of most of it because it's just gadgets that clutter up my kitchen. I can do most anything I need to do with a cutting board and a good knife. Yeah, it's fun to get together with friends, but you can do that without pressuring them to buy expensive crap they can live without.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast