+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Fade to black
    The thing about snowflakes... whilst beautiful and unique, they indeed do melt eventually (much like decaying organic matter). I love that quote (Fight Club is great!), and I love how you derived your name from that, but I think we already discussed that.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

This is a great thread to revive and interesting to read how everyone picked their SN's.

Stevie - What a sweet story.

Hazy - Everytime I see your name, I just want to follow it up with WINTER.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Fade to black
    winter, gray, blue.. you name it, you can probably add it at the end of my name (which is why I left it that way)

(and don't go calling me hazyshadeofsh*t)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

My screenname is straight out of that one Simpsons episode with the Planet of the Apes musical. (I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpan-z, no you'll never make a monkey out of me).

Oh and I suppose you could say it's from the original movie, too. My avatar remains a mystery.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Zaius. It's so funny because everytime I see your SN I sing to myself, Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius.. Rock me Dr. Zaius
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Miss F! I'd never thought that before, but now I always will.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    Hazy - Everytime I see your name, I just want to follow it up with WINTER.
    I add it each time as well.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Miss F, when I first started visiting the FoRT, I saw that repeat of Friends: Phoebe pretends she's Regina Filangi at the blackjack table. That's an extremely funny name.

Well, I love telling stories, as some of you already know. Sadly, I have none for my name. Around the time I logged on, I had a baby name site open, to help an online friend pick a name for his daughter. I found "Shayla" among the site names. It was a teeming collection.

Shayla, What I want to know is why the Spaghettio?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Heehee, Feifer.

After seeing so many "FORT Newbie," "FORT Regular," "FORT Fan," I just went with something similar, absurd.

Around that time I was addicted to the canned "Annie's Organic" spaghettio knockoff. One evening I toted a bowl of microwaved spaghettios to the computer desk, but the bowl was hot. I dropped the bowl, and spaghettios splattered all over the carpet, the green armchair, and my thigh. Deeply saddened, I sat down and stared at the floor and then the armchair. There sat my grey cat with spaghettios in his fur. He looked up at me and blinked.

Together we sat in our fortress of spaghettios.

+ Reply to Thread