+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Kuifje75

Y'all know that I love Tintin. When I was visiting in England, someone told me I looked like Tintin. That has gotten me interested into Tintin. I tried to get Tintin75 as my screenname for AIM, but it was already taken. So, I looked at a book my friend gave me, a Dutch copy of The Adventures of Tintin... De Avonturen van Kuifje. My year of birth is 1975. So... Kuifje+75= Kuifje75

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    unexplained

I guess I got mine from a project I was doing at school. We had no idea on what subject we wanted to focus on. Then, somebody from my group decided to do a project on the paranormal. Ghosts. I was hesistant to do such a project but didn't want to chicken out.

As we embarked on the project, we decided on the project name "Unexplained Twilight". I thought the name was quite unique but i dropped the twilight. Anyway, the screen name was somewhat a description of me, unexplained.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

hmm...well don't think my name origin is very interesting.
    My name is a name I made up originally for my Neverwinter Nights ranger .... her name is Wyndemere of the Wild, I think I already knew she was something "of the Wild" so I needed a first name that started with a W.
    No idea where it came from really.... no clue. Just tossed around some letters and bits of names from here and there and voila.

So I guess the answer to the question "Where did you get your screenname" is I don't know :
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

My screen name is just my name,pure & simple. it's the first time i used my real name for anything online.

My name is Natasha, and people have called me 'Tash' for short for as long as I can remember. I adopted that nickname as my online name and use it whenever I can; on mIRC, on message boards and as my MSN nick.

Fade to black
    hmmm my last name is Hendrix, but Purple Haze sounded boring to me, so I went with this.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

My name actually comes from Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club (I'm a fan of his books and also the movie).

There's a great quote in Chapter 17 that I think summarizes the whole book's snarky existentialist subtext.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile...This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    I used to post on the Palahniuk forum as "BeautifulSnowflake"--but having since migrated to other boards I shortened it for those who might not get the intended irony of the "Beautiful" part (I didn't want to sound like I was being conceited!).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

good thread and I was going to ask you at one point Miss F out of curiousity about your name. I see Friends a lot (my daughter is hooked on that show)
    hmm -
    I have a very girly girl name and I picked Stevie cuz I always liked unisex names and a friend of mine who passed away from AIDS idolized Stevie Nicks
    And I'd wear these candy shoes (like 6 inch heels) and he'd call me Stevie.
    Kind of in memory to him.
    The M is part of my real name and I think Stevie was taken.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

It's my first and middle name. Having different names everywhere would probably confuse me too much. Some days I'm lucky I remember the real one...

Leo
    Premium Member
    Well, my screen name is just my nickname. How I got that is the real story. "Leo" is actually a part of my real surname; it got hung on me way back in high school by a friend of mine.

+ Reply to Thread