+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Re: Where did you get your screenname?

It's part of my domain name (Harmony Snaps) where I display my photographs. I use this screen name almost everywhere and at the first place Harmony was already taken and I got frustrated trying to come up with something that would work so just slapped the 2000 on there and called it good.

I used to call my son bug because he was the biggest bee catcher and would get stung all the time! So I became buglover because he's my whole world.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

I got my name from a character in aromance novel i read when i was younger. She was very small and she wasa former slave. The plants she picked left an indigo dye on her hands. So her love intrest in the story called her petite indigo. I'm small (or of petite stature) and though i'm not blue I am African American. So i thought to be cute. I've been using it for a while.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

FORT Newbie

my name+a random set of easy to remember numbers, not wonderfully original lol

Quote Originally Posted by mary123;3044540;
    my name+a random set of easy to remember numbers, not wonderfully original lol
    It still earns you a

"Newfherder" is, obviously, a condensed form of Newfoundland Herder. There was a time when vast herds of Newfoundland dogs roamed the forests, prairies, and mountains of North America, and with them was a special breed of Man, the Newf Herder. While the Newf herds were mostly self-sustaining, they relied on their Herders for one important aspect of their well-being--tummy rubs. It is that proud tradition that I honor with my screen name.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I am just being honest with my username. I love TV! :

FORT Newbie

I got mine from my favorite color and a guy name...

My screen name thedragonlady was given to me by my son, David, many years ago. When he was younger, he used to play the game Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. One day he told me that in that game, the Dragonlady has all the power, and in his life, that would be me and the name just stuck. Even after he grew up and lived on his own, he'd call to speak with The Dragonlady.
    It's on my personalized license plate, my email, etc.
    David died 5 years ago at the age of 35 so I continue to be the Dragonlady with much pride and love. I miss him terribly but keeping the name helps me in just a small way to keep him close.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4054081;
    My screen name thedragonlady was given to me by my son, David, many years ago. When he was younger, he used to play the game Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. One day he told me that in that game, the Dragonlady has all the power, and in his life, that would be me and the name just stuck. Even after he grew up and lived on his own, he'd call to speak with The Dragonlady.
    It's on my personalized license plate, my email, etc.
    David died 5 years ago at the age of 35 so I continue to be the Dragonlady with much pride and love. I miss him terribly but keeping the name helps me in just a small way to keep him close.
    What a beautiful tribute to your son, thedragonlady. Keep on wearing the name with pride and love.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 09-03-2010 at 04:08 AM.

It was the name of our previous boat.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

+ Reply to Thread