+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

When I was in high school I had a flamboyantly gay friend (really unusual for '70s era high school) who gave all his friends flamboyant nicknames. Mine was Magnolia Hathaway. Years later, my sister and I decided to try and write a romance novel, the fact that neither of us read them notwithstanding, and I dragged up Magnolia Hathaway from the past to use as my nom de plume. At about that time, my sister's deep fear and loathing of rats became apparent (I had never known this), so in typical sibling style, I changed my nom de plume to Magnolia Rattus and variations of these two words pop up everywhere in my life now.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just found this thread, and had a good time reading the posts (hey, I was just about to leave my computer)

I really don't have anything to say about my name it just sounds cool. I know that it's a movie but I haven't seen it, don't even know if I want to. And I think it's fun to speak French (when in France wich is not too often). So am I the fatal woman...

Right after I signed up hear I went to sign up on a poker site, it was already taken . So FORT is the only place where I'm known as Femme Fatale.

And I agree with geek_the_girl, embrace you nerdyness , hey check out my avatar! (My screen name on the poker site became rekisyf, physicist in swedish backwards)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well alot of people think since I was such a big Bo fan that it stands for Bo Bice and Alabama....nope...sorry to say....but me and Bo do have several things in common ...the same initials and we both live in Alabama...hence bbnbama........

and yep...I'm like everyone else...I thought Gabriel was really his name....Paul is a nice name too but I've always imagined Dean Martin playing on the CD and Mona and Joey lounging on the bed while some guy named Gabriel was typing furiously away on the computer replying to posts on the FORT.... ...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Wait!! You mean a nice man named gabriel who looks just like Dean Martin isn't the guy who posts here? *deep sigh*

I lurked here for a very long time, but I knew when I joined I would use my nickname. I finally joined and, darn, if my nickname wasn't already taken - by someone who only posted once.
    I toyed with combinations of my daughter's name and my nickname. What I came up with looked like I didn't know how to spell 'anemone.' I decided to use anemone, which I always thought was a fun word to say anyway.

Neat thread!

My introduction to reality t.v was Survivor, but it was the original Joe Schmo Show which found me registering here at the FoRT.

My screen name comes from my reaction to some fans fanatical reactions to their favorite shows. I find myself sometimes saying to my computer screen "Get Real"! But then my typed response tends to be something silly.
    Last edited by Miss Filangi; 01-08-2006 at 09:47 PM.

So very interesting to find out cool things about everyone!

I chose Miss Kitty because I'm a miss, not a mrs. or really much of a ms. and I love kitties. and I couldn't use Hello Kitty like my avatar because that would probably be illegal. And if I chose to change it later, it could clash with a new photo. And we shant have that happen! And if I went towards something like Miss Pussy, there would be unending rude sexist jokes made about my intelligence. So there. It's just me. Little ol Miss Kitty-kins.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I had so much fun reading through this thread, I thought I'd bring it back!

My dad is Italian (My grandmother came through Ellis Island.) and when I met my husband, he called me his little dago. So, I became lildago!
    That's cute, for some reason I figured that was how you got that name.

My name is for our dog Marley who died a little over 2 years ago. There's a cool bar near where we live called The Marleybone, so I always called her "Marley-Bone" because is sounded so cute. She is not my avatar now though, that's Katie, my 2 year old Golden that we got after Marley died.

I got to FORT from a Curves forum where I registerd as "beerbelly" because I wanted to be fit and I do drink a lot of beer when I go out - and I remember the time I had a flat (even concave) stomach....

I told my friends about my self induced moniker - and they couldn't stop laughing. I am a very petite girl and they thought it sounded like a trucker's name. I kinda like that part of it.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    and yep...I'm like everyone else...I thought Gabriel was really his name....Paul is a nice name too but I've always imagined Dean Martin playing on the CD and Mona and Joey lounging on the bed while some guy named Gabriel was typing furiously away on the computer replying to posts on the FORT.... ...
    Well you got all of that right, almost - Mona usually lounges in HER chair, Joey flops wherever he stops walking. Quite often though there is music going. and my typing isn't really that furiously fast. I came from the school of hunt & peck.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Wait!! You mean a nice man named gabriel who looks just like Dean Martin isn't the guy who posts here? *deep sigh*
    anemone - boy do I wish I looked like him. - but oh well
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Mine comes from the name of the archangel gabriel, because I always wanted it to be my name.
    Well, I for one KNEW you were named after the archangel Gabriel. He has shown up in many of my psychic readings (psychotic?) and is my favorite. I'm glad you're an . Heaven knows, I need one looking out for me!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread