+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Mine comes from the name of the archangel gabriel, because I always wanted it to be my name. and for those of you who might be wondering it is
    pronounced as gaybreeELL not gabreelle as in the girls gabrielle
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Rusicade! I love playing Civilization, although I haven't in quite a while. A very addicting game.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I had no clue what to use as a screen name, so I went through my husband's mineral collection with his help. I had many choices, including Goetite and Tourmaline. I settled with DesertRose.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusicade
    I think I'll just bump this board back to the first page...

Mine comes from my addiction to the video game Civilization.I was the Carthagininians and I founded a town called Rusicade and I liked how it sounded.

Rooo-suh-kade.

Eh?
    Civilization. What a classic game. I always find it humorous when Gandhi (the ultimate pacifist in real life) threatens me with nuclear weapons.

As for me, I don't remember if I mentioned it already in this thread, but I was eating a yellow apple for lunch the day I signed up for the FORT, so it was the only thing I could think of at the time. The rest is history.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Usually I'm very concerned that my screen name has meaning and significance...but when I registered I was...wait for it...on my lunch break (which, at that time, was the only time I visited FoRT), so I thought it was appropriate.

Now, even though I have actually been promoted and have more work, I can't stay away from this place, so the name no longer applies really, but that's the way it goes.

Usually I'm very concerned that my screen name has meaning and significance...but when I registered I was...wait for it...on my lunch break (which, at that time, was the only time I visited FoRT), so I thought it was appropriate.

Now, even though I have actually been promoted and have more work, I can't stay away from this place, so the name no longer applies really, but that's the way it goes.
    I always see you posting at different times of the day and I think, wow you must have looooooooooong lunch break!

My screename is taken from an episode of Jem (anyone remember Jem and the Holograms? A popular 80's cartoon circa 1985-1988 about a female music industry executive by day who transforms into a pink hair rock star by night with the power of Synergy, a hologram machine made by her late father?) I was a huge fan as a kid and had (almost) all the dolls and tapes. The theme song to the cartoon had a line "glamour and glitter, fashion and fame" and I always wished I could live an exciting, fun lifestyle like she did.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    My screename is taken from an episode of Jem (anyone remember Jem and the Holograms?
    Great, now I have Jem's theme song in my head

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    I always see you posting at different times of the day and I think, wow you must have looooooooooong lunch break!
    Yeah, pleeeaase don't tell my boss!

I loved Jem! I can't believe I never linked your name and that cartoon.

Um... Well, when I was younger and looking for an AIM name I used ClosetNerd86

Closet Nerd because I had a lot of secret nerd hobbies and tendancys ... and 86 because it was one of my favorite numbers. (as in "86 that") Then I got sick and tired of everyone assuming it meant I was born in 1986, so I dropped the number.

Now that I am older and more comfortable in my own skin, I am not actually a Closeted Nerd anymore. But now the name has been with me for like 10 years so...
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    Um... Well, when I was younger and looking for an AIM name I used ClosetNerd86

Closet Nerd because I had a lot of secret nerd hobbies and tendancys ... and 86 because it was one of my favorite numbers. (as in "86 that") Then I got sick and tired of everyone assuming it meant I was born in 1986, so I dropped the number.

Now that I am older and more comfortable in my own skin, I am not actually a Closeted Nerd anymore. But now the name has been with me for like 10 years so...
    Now you can say you're OutoftheClosetNerd!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread