+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

I named myself after Salome, the biblical figure, becaue I'm a dancer (not exotic) and well... slightly wicked. I believe Salome also means peace in Hebrew. The name sounds pretty when pronounced correctly, but sometimes I wonder whether the people who ask about it originally read, "Salami."

Hopefully your "wickedness" doesn't include a fetish for decapitated men.

(ETA: Isn't "peace" in Hebrew "shalom"? Or are they the same thing?)

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    The guy in my avatar is my favorite villain from Batman, The Scarecrow. The Scarecrow, however, turned out to always be taken, so I decided to chage it up. I am hispanic, so if I were to be the villain, I would be burntcrow. Hopefully that makes sense. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Hopefully your "wickedness" doesn't include a fetish for decapitated men.
    No, only with my photography skills.

I'm not sure, but I think "Salome" may mean peace only in the name sense, perhaps derived from "shalom" or with a common origin.

Anyway, enough about me.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    Gah you can tell i cant sleep if im reading OLD threads

Mines from an old song by the Cult, Fire Woman, love the song and its one of them when i hear it i have to turn it up and sing to it very badly

Mines kind of weird. I was going to make my screen name Joelle after one of my favourite female characters (one of the only female characters) from the book Infinite Jest. But then I figured that it just sounded like my name, plus, I think that it's already taken. So, I couldn't really think of anything else, so I named myself UHID, which is the organization that Joelle is part of in the book (Union of the Hideously and Improbably Deformed).
    -Other People can often see things about you that you yourself cannot see, even if those people are stupid.- Infinite Jest

FORT Fogey
    Aw shucks, I feel like I've been around here for too long to just be getting around to updating my post in this thread now. Thank goodness FireWoman couldn't sleep and she resurrected this old thread.

I used to be knows as "WickedGood" around here and I came up with that name because I am in Boston and I have two little dogs who are wicked good little old dogs.

A lot of people started calling me "Wicked" for short, though, and I decided to get away from that, 'cause there's really nothing "wicked" about me (except for the wicked way that I attack reality TV show participants sometimes but heck, we're supposed to attack them wickedly around here!).

So I asked John to change my name to "Pomeraniac" 'cause that way I won't be referred to as "wicked" by people, and 'cause the name sums me right up, in a word.

Aww, shucks, Pom, I think I'm one of the culprits who called you "Wicked". And you most definitely are NOT, so I'm glad you changed your name too!

UHID - unique name! Very cool!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Aww, shucks, Pom, I think I'm one of the culprits who called you "Wicked". And you most definitely are NOT, so I'm glad you changed your name too!
    No worries at all, CharlieBug! I didn't mind being called "wicked" 'cause I love it when people shorten my name -- even in real life I love it when people shorten my name, 'cause it's a name that people don't usually shorten at all.

Nah, don't worry. I just was thinking, "Geez, I hope they don't think that I AM wicked, or into the occult, or anything else."

By the way, CharlieBug, I loved your story of how you came up with your screen name -- that was wicked cute!!!

FORT Fogey
    I'll give you three guesses.

+ Reply to Thread