+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Ah, I should have included the name for those that don't know or it doesn't make sense.

My name is Tania. Pronounced TAN-ya. Try it, I guarantee you'll whine, or you're pronouncing it TON-ya.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Aw, I was feeling all superior since I remembered your name. Now I'm shoved back with the pack again. *sigh*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

sher is my nickname - short for sherri.

[leanan] sidhe is a faerie. a bad, bad heartbreaking, man crushing, soul wrenching faerie.

and though i pronounce my name sher-sid-he, the proper pronunciation is shersheeeeeeeee.

Paulie, does it help if I give you brownie points for your memory? It's nice to be remembered.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

Of course that helps, Miss F! You can ask Fluff about my memory, BTW. It's kind of frightening how I latch on to little tidbits like people's names, birthdays, cup sizes, and so on.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

For some reason, Sher, I always said your screename was "sheridishe." (Pronounced: share-i-dee-she) I don't know why, but I was just proven wrong when you told your story. So, now I'm all corrected!

Me too Mdrio!!

Oh Paulie, don't worry. Quite proud of my little B's if I do say so myself.

I am so boring!! I tried for the longest time to come up with some "good" screen name when I first started on the net and I used to be known everywhere as aqualibra...aquarius for my husband's sign and libra for my own. Wellllllllll 3 years or so ago when we were on the verge of divorce (round one for that) I dropped the aqua and became libra_ or libra__ but that name is rarely ever available so now I use the 1022 (my bday of course) after it. I'm also known as libby and bubbles online depending on where I'm at and what names were available.

I love this thread. All the stories are so interesting. Even the ones who think they are boring reasons still have good stories.

When I was very little, my grandmother used to tell me and my sisters a story about two sisters, ClaraBella and Bella Bella. ClaraBella was very very bad and Bella Bella was very very good. To make a long story short, Bella Bella (she was a real suck-up) did everything her mother told her and always did her homework and her chores but when ClaraBella was told to do her homework and chores, she would always say NO!. At Christmas, Bella Bella got wonderful toys and presents and ClaraBella got coal in her stocking.

+ Reply to Thread