+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

My screenname "Blondiegirl" is like a little joke to me. So many of my friends from India have said to me "Hey you blondie girl!" It was funny the way it sounded with the accent! So when I thought of a screenname this is what popped into my head AND made me smile!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

This is so cool reading everyone's "History"; might as well share my own.
    My screen name is a result of a story that will show just how "blonde" I can be sometimes, but here goes..... You know those boxelder bugs - the ones that are black with the red stripe that us Midwesterners have too many of in the fall? Honest to God, I thought they were called "Charlie Bugs" my whole life. I didn't find out that they weren't Charlie bugs until I was 18 years old, and this happened when I was with my mom and my best friend, and we were leaving church and there were tons of those boxelder bugs outside. I happened to mention "Gosh, there sure a lot of charlie bugs here". My best friend looked confused; my mom bust out laughing and said "You still call them that?" Come to find out, when I was two, I would take these stupid bugs in as pets, put them in a shoebox with grass, poke holes in the top, and apparantly I named them Charlie. I have no recollection of this at all. But I guess it stuck, and I called them that for years and my mother decided to inform me at the age of 18 that they're actually boxelder bugs. Thus resulted in my nickname from my best friend that stuck - Charlie. I added "bug" to my screen name because I didn't want people to think I was a male and figured "bug" would give it a more feminine tone. So yes, I had a warped childhood. :rolleyes

mine's simple enough...

should've been a princess...but, i'm not.

perhaps in my next life, eh?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Charliebug, that is cute!

Poor Charliebug. Ah, the things we do as children that haunt us forever.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I became a huge Pokemon fan when my nephew introduced me to it (I still cringe when I think of how much I've spent on Pokemon cards ). Pikachu was my favorite Pokemon and I figured it would make a great screen name because there are tons of cute pikachu images to use for avatars.

I like pikachu's personality, too. It's cute and lovable yet can be mischievious.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    My screenname "Blondiegirl" is like a little joke to me. So many of my friends from India have said to me "Hey you blondie girl!" It was funny the way it sounded with the accent! So when I thought of a screenname this is what popped into my head AND made me smile!
    Thats funny!

I made up this screen name...I was talking to some friends and I responded with daaaamn. So, my friends imitated me and they were going "zaaam"
    I was like, "I didn't say it like that" but they kept teasing me all day with "zaaam" It was about a day before I signed up for the Fort. There you have it. Hope it make sense.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Makes total sense to me Zaaam!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

zaaam, what would we do without the help of our friends?

my screen name is because I love Madonna, so it's an incorporation of madonna and maniac.....thus madonniac!
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

+ Reply to Thread