+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG
    Unk, I could go dig through all the previous posts and find the story behind yours, but I am inherently lazy and more importantly, at work right now.
    I'm going to guess....you are someone's Uncle Scott?
    I have 19 nieces and nephews several great nieces and nephews and even great-great nieces and nephews, but none of them call me Uncle Scott. My best friends kids call me Uncle Scott, so that's how I came up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I have 19 nieces and nephews several great nieces and nephews and even great-great nieces and nephews, but none of them call me Uncle Scott. My best friends kids call me Uncle Scott, so that's how I came up with it.
    And I thought I was the only oddball. I've never called my uncles by that title, but I did call a friend of Mom and Dad's "uncle Rick".

Funny how a screen name gives a glipse inside people (or not...).
    My Name is Anna. As a child my 3 obnoxious brothers use to call me Anna Bannana (a still do from time to time even though we are all in our 30s and 40s). When we would walk down the sidewalk in our neighborhood, my older brother would sing this little made up tune...Anna Bannana for sale
    and then, thump me on the forehead and say "10 cents."
    Yeah - I spent time with a therapist working through that one.

Janice Lynn, are you saying you have actually BEEN to The Elephant Sanctuary? It isn't open to the public. I know there are some people who donate mega bucks that may get a tour once a year, but they are even warned that viewing the elephants is not part of the tour. If they happen to see one in the distance they can consider it a bonus. The whole point of having the Sanctuary is so the girls don't have to be on display anymore, ever. Although on one of the volunteer weekends when they were painting, Tarra (first elephant resident), decided to help and ended up with paint on herself. When I first started here, I tried to post on the favourite website thread and John told me I couldn't post websites until I'd been here a while. So every chance I get now I sneak www.elephants.com into my posts. See.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    And I thought I was the only oddball. I've never called my uncles by that title, but I did call a friend of Mom and Dad's "uncle Rick".
    My oldest sister is 20 years older than me so I have nieces and nephews within a couple of years of my age. I guess it's kind of strange having a 3 year old call a 5 year old Uncle Scott.

A roommate was going to be getting a ferret from his girlfriend for Christmas one year, and he originally planned on naming him/her after me, with that particular spelling in mind. When the ferret (male) finally showed up, he changed his mind and named him Watson instead (His loss!), and I adopted the re-spelling of my name for Internet and other purposes (although I did lend it out when one of my boyfriends adopted some kittens).

People seem to like it.

LATAS was a joke in high school. I went to a Catholic school and I thought it would be funny to figure out my "witch name" from numerology and put it on my cars license plate. Little did I know that LATAS is a close translation to "tin can" in Spanish (I've been told.)
    When I first logged on to the internet and I was asked for a screen name, I wanted something androgynous that I would remember, and this seemed like a good one.
    What always killed me was in yahoo voice chat people would say "lattice" when I, always the Anne Rice fan, said "Lah-Tahs" ...oh to be a screen name pronunciation snob!
    Oh well.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

I got my screenname, from the fact that I love weather, i am a female, and i was born in '91. yup. that was simple. hehe.

Cory

I love the color green, but I really hate mustard. Actually, mustard sort of just came randomly because I was thinking of ketchup at the time of this name. I figure that 'Greenmustard' sounds better than 'Greenketchup'.
    Last edited by Greenmustard; 12-30-2004 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Wrong Smilie!!
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

I like the new name, ShandiRocks - very distinctive (and I've tried green ketchup - my daughter insisted we buy it last summer. Yuck!)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread