+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Just wanna explain the change of handle. Wyndemere was kinda something I grabbed out of the air when I first joined the FORT, but as time went by it kinda bugged me that I hadn't signed up under the handle I normally use....

This is my more common handle that I use for stuff I do like online games & messengers... I came up with the name a very very very long time ago. Way back when, I used to go under the handle "Tigresse" but as the internet & chat became more common, needless to say, "Tigresse" was more and more frequently used by others so I thought up my own little variation of the word...

Alas, John was kind enough to change my handle and I'm happy to settle into my old, comfortable, reliable handle :-) Thanks John!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey
    I thought I've posted here before, but I couldn't find my post... so maybe I haven't...

my user name is my last name "fleming" along with the first initial of my first name "d" to make dfleming... the 2 is a random number that was added because when I first got the internet, I got a hotmail address, and of course dfleming was taken, so I chose dfleming2... and I use it for everything now, because otherwise I would forget.

I got the nickname 'Spoose' several summers ago--a group of summer students were planning a road trip to Milwaukee (from Saskatchewan!) for a conference of some sort. They decided to take a tour of the Spam factory on their way there and we got to talking about the origin of Spam (short for 'spiced ham'). Someone mentioned using different kinds of meats, including moose meat and I stated the obvious--that it would have to be called Spoose. For some odd reason, it stuck and now our beach volleyball team is called 'The Loose Spoose' and various other variations are still out there.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    touque, you can call me Jay or you can call me Homer, just don't call me late for supper.
    Never, ever.
    Just bring soup.

*bump*
    Lots of new people have signed on in the last few months. Share the story behind your screenname with us.

let's see...screen name "ElizabethG" Hmm. I'm trying real hard to make up something witty and fabulous...but the truth of the matter is, that's just my name. No great story.

Unk, I could go dig through all the previous posts and find the story behind yours, but I am inherently lazy and more importantly, at work right now.
    I'm going to guess....you are someone's Uncle Scott?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

val for my name, 123 for mixing in numerals with names to confuse people, and elephant for my passion for The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. go to www.elephants.com and watch the elecam, you will feel your blood pressure drop as you watch them play and eat and sleep and do anything they want. And not a trick or headstand to be seen, or a whip, or bat. These girls have really earned their retirement.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Hi Val, I've linked to that site through you before. Very interesting site - did you used to have it in your sigline?

Elephants are really incredibly creatures, and the Elephant Sanctuary is an wonderful place.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    Apparently someone didn't like my earlier post. Wah! My screen name is my writing name. And, Val, I live in Tennessee and think the Elephant Sanctuary is one of the coolest places I've ever been.

Janice
    American Title round 3 finalist

I picked my screen name because my name is Valarie and I'm from Missouri...

(Um, if you didn't get that it was a joke, I'm not going to explain it to you.)

+ Reply to Thread