+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    mine is obvious- I used to be a lurker.

Mine is self- explanatory to Canadians, Lotusland is Vancouver's nick, I'm not a buddhist living in India eating tofu. I also like the SLANDER in lotuSLANDER.

My user name is a certain company I used to work for and to make a LONG sad story short the parting was not very pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I just find it interesting with the wide array of Screenames where you came up with yours.
    Mine is from the character played by Joss Wheddon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, The Series, in a cameo he made on an Episode of Angel.

In the episode, which took place in a parallel universe without music, Numfar was the youngest child of a family of demons, and when the family - or clan - wished to express joy, sorrow, anger or other emotion, they would holler for Numfar to do a dance. "Numfar, do the dance of Joy!" the matriarch would should, and in the background, this gangly greenish demon would launch into a truly horrible, awkward dance.

The story goes that the cast didn't know that Joss was going to do the cameo, and when the 'extra' started dancing so horribly, they believed he would be asked to leave the set.

Anyway, I thought it was clever, and when signing up for BB2 at another board (eep), I had just seen this episode, so chose 'Numfar' as a screen name after my first...oh..dozen choices were already spoken for.
    ~
    I'm made of felt...and my nose comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by MarksLove
    Seriously, anyone have any suggestions for a new name?
    I was about to suggest MarksEx, but then realizied it might be read as MarkSex, which would be bad. Very bad.

I suggest you make something up for yourself. Well, that or maybe PrincessXeyes, where X= your eye colour. Do that to treat yourself. =)

B
    ~
    I'm made of felt...and my nose comes off.

I came up with my screen name, because I chat in the Yahoo rooms as fla_beach_bunny, but since I moved to Canada.. I thought Canadian_bunny would be more appropriate. Even though I have been in Canada for 18 months now, I refuse to give up my fla_beach_bunny id, it's a screen name all my Yahoo online buddies know me by.

Quote Originally Posted by Numfar
    I was about to suggest MarksEx, but then realizied it might be read as MarkSex, which would be bad. Very bad.
    Hi and Welcome Numfar Don't believe we've had the pleasure before. Your post absolutely cracked me up. Stick around - this is a great place. BTW - I've got a new screename narrowed down to 2 options so I'll probably flip a coin. Can't wait to start anew.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Finally decied on one and worked up the courage to ask John for a new username. I'll keep you posted (if anyone cares)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Can't wait to see what it is, Markslove.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by MarksLove
    Finally decied on one and worked up the courage to ask John for a new username. I'll keep you posted (if anyone cares)
    The suspence builds!

+ Reply to Thread