+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

Where did I get my screen name? Well, if I remember correctly, it was laying on the 75% off table at the local Good Will store. Sure, it's not the greatest screen name in the world, but at least it was cheap.

comicbookguy
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm really not a creative prson at all. I couldn't think of anything good, so I just used my real name, excep the Jr. part.

a charater i made in high school.......

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Every user name I have has the words "crazy" or "mom" in them. Because that is what I am all of the time.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

When I joined here I was pretty lazy and didn't try to think up a better name. Brusch is from my school e-mail and it's my first initial and last name. If I'd say it it wouldn't sound like "brush" but more like "bee-roosh".
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I ramble...
    My RL name is Jessica. When we were little, my cousins couldn't say that, so they said Jecka. It stuck, and now more people call me Jecka than Jessica. I think my husband has called me Jessica three times ever, and once was our wedding vows. Variations are: Jeckasue (middle name shortened), and Jecks. Sometimes I get Jess, but I'm no Jessy(ie). When I got online, I'd never heard of another Jecka. Now they are everywhere! When it comes to names, I'm not really creative, so I just stick with old faithful.
    Jecka
    "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page." - Mark Houlahan

I've finally poked my head out of the Bachelor forum and seen a whole new world of FORT threads, so now obviously I must add my two cents to every one of them.
    I've used Lucy as an alter-ego for some time now. My real first name is very unusual -- if I told it, you could Google it and you would find me, what I do, where I am, etc. The same holds true in the real world, and when I got out of college and began working, I lived in a very small town. And I had a rather public job. So when I was out with friends and guys who I wasn't interested in talked to me, I would tell them my name was Lucy (I have always liked that name, I think I got it from "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" or, later, from "A Room With a View"). Introducing myself as Lucy was also a sign to my friends that this was someone I didn't want to talk to. Of course, that's not why I'm Lucy here!
    I do love my real name, but I also like the name Lucy and so when I was trying to think of something to be here, that's what I picked. Not terribly interesting, I know, but my real name definitely identifies me as me to anyone who knows me, so... here, I'm Lucy.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ack, Lucy! That's like handing me a locked box and telling me there's something wonderful inside. How can you deny me the unique name?

And, Jecka, I love the story behind your name. Very sweet and funny.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Ack, Lucy! That's like handing me a locked box and telling me there's something wonderful inside. How can you deny me the unique name?

And, Jecka, I love the story behind your name. Very sweet and funny.
    Maybe I'll PM it to you, Paulie. I'll think about it.
    BTW, Shazzer, every time I see your screen name I think of Bridget Jones!! Love Bridget!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread