+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by boredouttamind
    Hmmm... i think that my screenname is pretty self-explanatory... i was bored out of my mind.
    Ah...so that's what happened to it!

FORT Fogey
    hm.. wow old thread.. but I felt like digging it up, although many of the older 1members have already posted here. All y'all newbies need to come and post your story!!!

Mine-- I turn a BRIGHT BRIGHT pink when I run/do sports. My best friend's little sister started calling me pinkie to make fun of my face. Parrot rhymes with my last name.. thus pinkieparrot was born! Also, since my best friends sister is also named Laura, and I am over there so much, they needed something to be able to tell the difference. In fact, when I call, I say, "Its pinkie, Is Lisa there??" hehehe

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Mine is my aol name...that my Navy friend made for me because his dad didnt like my old Sn. Which was Luvn N suck...well...its not what it looks like. It was back when I liked N Sync but called em N Suck so it was Luvn N Sync=Luvn N Suck...well his dad...didnt like it...thought it was bad...and he made me change it and came up with this.
    I swear the alcohol is coming out my nose

Ociffer...i swear to drunk i am not God...

Oddly enough, I didn't get mine from my name.
    When I was young, my dad always drilled the 'never give out your name on the internet' stuff to all of us. So I would feel weird putting it on here. I couldn't think of anything interesting, so I just picked a name that I like.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Rab
    My obsessions with rabites from Secret of Mana and rabbits eventually led to my nickname online and in the real world. I like it because it's short and sweet.

brenna sounds like a unisex name (no offense).

FORT Fogey
    I came up with Lil_Cutie because it was a name not like anything else I'd come up with. All my other names were kinda weird, like my email is bsgurl03, haha. Not bull s*** either, ok? I got the Lil part from one of my crush's nicknames. I didn't wanna do just Little, cuz that sounds kinda lame. And I thought about Angel or Baby or Sweety or something, and decided on Cutie because I wouldn't call myself a cutie, but I thought it sounded cute and that was what I was going for. Nothing too exciting or anything. Oh well.

Mine is similar to someone else's that posted a while back. When my niece was little she couldn't say my name (it's Karen) so she called me karna (care-na) and it just stuck as a family nickname. 68 is the year I was born.

Hi! Wow-- evryone has such cute little stories for their user names, even people without fun stories-- it's cute!

Well, the "02" come from the year of my graduation from college...Grantaire is my favorite character from Hugo's Les Miserables (if you go to my homepage, the first page is practically a tribute to the inebriated cynic). I always think that his name is so great-- so full of who he was in the novel, I dunno. I loved his death scene in the musical and the novel...I love his relationship with the glorious Enjolras. Grantaire's just obscure enough that not too many people know who he is--- not like putting "Holden" down or even, "Raskolnikov" (another favorite).

"Among all these glowing hearts and
    thoroughly convinced minds, there was
    one sceptic. How came he there? By
    juxtaposition. This sceptic's name was
    Grantaire, and he was in the habit of
    signing himself with this rebus: R.
    Grantaire was a man who took good
    care not to believe in anything...

He stared tenderly and fixedly at all
    women, with the air of saying to them all:
    'If I only chose!' and of trying to make his
    comrades believe that he was in general
    demand.

All those words: rights of the people,
    rights of man, the social
    contract, the French Revolution, the
    Republic, democracy, humanity,
    civilization, religion, progress, came very
    near to signifying nothing whatever to
    Grantaire. He smiled at them.
    Scepticism, that cry of the intellect, had
    not left him a single whole idea in his
    head. He lived with irony. This was
    his axiom: 'There is but one certainty, my
    full glass.' He sneered at all devotion in
    all parties, the father as well as the
    brother, Robespierre junior as well as
    Loizerolles. 'They are greatly in advance
    to be dead,' he exclaimed. He said of the
    crucifix: 'There is a gibbet which has
    been a success.' A rover, a gambler, a
    libertine, often drunk, he displeased
    these young dreamers by humming
    incessantly: 'J'aimons les filles, et
    j'aimons le bon vin.' Air: Vive Henri
    IV."

(Vic Hugo's "Les Miserables")

When I first registered at the FORT, I only wanted to read some of the post-race interviews with The Amazing Race contestants and possibly vote on some polls at that time. I had no intention of posting or replying much. So I choosed "bill" after considering it for 3 seconds, because:
    (1) Bill is my first name, but "bill" is faster to type.
    (2) Instinctively, I prefer honesty; eventhough screenname is supposed to be made up.
    (3) It's easy to remember.

With hindsight, especially after a controversial post, I sometimes wish I had made up another name so as to maintain some privacy; but fortunately "Bill" is a common name. Moreover, as my grandmother taught me, don't do anything in life you're ashamed of. So I have never posted anything I am ashamed of, eventhough a few of my posts should have been labelled For adults only.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

VeeJay
    Mine's my nickname when I was a little girl. It's my initials. I was named after my two grandmas - Violet and Jean. I always use it because I'm used to answering to it and it makes it easier to know when someone is talking to me. My mom still calls me that. When MTV came out all my friends used to rib me (VJ = Video Jockey).

karna, that's really cute that your neice called you that . I'm glad you showed us how it's pronounced. I was thinking it was like car-na.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread