+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

blindart
    I made up my name shortly after I was told that I'd be getting a blind student in my class the year after next. As I teach visual arts that gave me a bit to think about.

joeguy
    got to play radio DJ while working in antarctica, so I took the generic american names of "Joe" and "Guy" as in "hey Joe" and Hey Guy". so Joe guy, the generic american.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Well... my nickname is Cris (short for Cristina). I just tacked on an ix or an xi to make it ixcrisxi.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Hmmmm, I'm 16. I was born, raised, and am still living in beautiful California. And I suppose I've self-crowned myself a queen
    *Lacey

FORT Fogey
    Well when i was signing up to the forum i didn't know what my username would be so i just closed my eyes and hit the keyboard and got 'Siso' i liked it so that's what i kept it as. No back story, just random crap

firegirl
    Re-posting this for the new comers!

Its a very long long story and the writers all know it, but to try to make it short: I met Pres Bush Sr in the Bahamas and he made me and another friend go down this huge water slide w/him,, the whole time I was ribbing him and joking as he is from TX and I am from AR and it was fun and silly and he kept calling me firegirl and it kind of stuck w/friends etc.. so thats it Firegirl...

When making screen names I often look at some literature or music at hand, and pick random things. Tirlittan is from childrens story about an orphan little girl whose home blew up in a lightning strike, and she wanders around the world playing ocorino.

AliceBShoe
    The very first time I had to pick a screen/username, I tried to create one with my name in it. The easiest versions were taken, and I didn't want to get so complex that I wouldn't be able to remember my own name.

Plan B (which I have grown to like better!): I was mildly obsessed with Andy Warhol when I was in high school. I read lots about him, collected pictures of his work, and decorated my locker with mylar, as he did his Factory. I know--odd obsession for a teenage girl, but. . .

Anyway, Alice B. Shoe comes from a book of Warhol's early shoe illustrations. Many have captions, but this always appealed to me. (full caption: "The autobiography of Alice B. Shoe"). I like the sound of the name--it flows nicely off the tongue--so I adopted it as my alias.

I'm also a shoe-whore (a la Mr. Aiken!--just had to throw that in!).

Bliss-- Tori is an absolute goddess, in my book! (in her songs, anyway. I recently saw her on Wayne Brady, and she seemed a bit flakey in the interview. I'll just try not to think about it when I listen to her CD's.)

FORT Fogey
    Actually, Tori came and gave a concert at school when I was a freshman (or maybe I was a sophomore) in college and she was really good. They had Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, and Bob Dylan give concerts within a month that year.

colby_d
    Ok, I'm sure there are so many of you out there who scoured these pages to find MY story with no avail. So now, one time only, I will share the story of where I got levi_d . . . It all started June 16, 1988 when I was born in Enid, Oklahoma . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and now here I am today with the middle name of Levi (my first name's Colby, but I go by Levi) and the last initial of D, if you put them together using an underscore rather than a space, and of course no caps, because it's so much cooler all lower case, you get none other than my screen name, levi_d. There you have it, a story to cherish and tell your grandkids one day.

+ Reply to Thread