+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

dobolina, I love that song! There's also someone on this site called BobDobolina. At first I thought he was shortening his name.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I got my screenname from a Tori Amos song. I love that woman
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

My Great-Grandmother called all spiders trantlers regardles of their type. Recently my kids and I were having a discussion about the brown recluse, and my daughter (17 and blonde) asked..."Mom, what about trantlers...are they poisonous?" We giggled at her, she turned red and a fun time was had by all...almost. Trantler is in memory of my Granny.
    If fastpitch was easy, boys would play

Oh yea! fun thread.

Actually, I just changed my username today (for professional reasons) and this thread gives me a good launching pad to explain:

I chose my former username because I anticipated just lurking here - but not actually posting. I use another version of the username same for my business and personal email.

I didn't realize just how much fun I would have here - and just how addicting the FORT can be ... so ....

When I began to post, I was very concious of my limitations - if the folks I work with came here, they would immediately recognize me. And when our water cooler conversations about Reality TV get heated, I felt like I couldn't mention the excellent observations I read here on FORT because they might 'find' me here.

Bizarre rationale, I know - so I thought changing my username would give me more freedom to feel 'private' in the net-world. And bonus! now i get to tell more folks about the FORT!

Bumpkin: My very first username - waaay back *gasp* before the internet, and when we were all using a local BBS - was Country Bumpkin. Despite having left that small town and having traveled all over the country on business - deep in my heart I will always be a country bumpkin.

Fun.

jin
    Originally posted by Feifer
    Ilikai......I thought it was I like Artificial Intelligence. Silly me...trying to find the hidden meaning in everything. Love the dancing tree.

I am Jennifer. My brother could not say Jennifer as a toddler. Only Feifer came out of his mouth when attempting to utter my name. So, Feifer is my childhood nickname. It is the shortest screen name I have ever had.

<-----That is a picture of me peeking out at all of you. Hehe!
    Feifer..that's so cute! I'm a Jennifer too. My brother and sister both could not say it when young, and they both called me nina. My sister still does. She has cerebral palsey, and it's still the easiest for her to say. As for my nic...I hate it, and one day I'll get the energy to think of a new one. It started out as tipperco, a mix of tipper and coco, my dogs. I need an imagination!!!
    That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
    Dorothy Parker

Sydney Bristow from Alias
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

i love this thread!! such great stories!

i always want to say hazyshadeof winter as well. but now i keep thinking of you as hendrix.

phat - i loved loved loved barbershop! (my hubby was amazed at how much) great quotes!

shayla - the spaghettios story is priceless. i would've loved to have seen a pic.

i know there is more i was going to say but now i forget having read all 7 pages in one sitting and not taking notes.

ok, my story.

this is rather silly. but in high school my friends and i used to write a running fictional soap opera of sorts about ourselves and people we knew. we made fun of everybody including ourselves and gave everyone nicknames which were some sort of variation of our own names and perhaps a description of our character.

anyway, my character first came up when i was fawning over some hunk i had a crush on who didn't know i existed. i think i was on the roof of a building and saw my crush walking on the sidewalk below. i got so excited that i ran off the roof and wentSPLAT onto the sidewalk. he then stepped on me as he walked by and i sighed, "he touched me!"

uh yeah, and then i was called splatty.

yeah, i'm weird.

Originally posted by firegirl
    I don't bite Paulie, I just ummm " taste" he he..
    BCBB!!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey

What does your handle mean?

I figured since there was a thread for what people's avatars meant, I thought I would make one to see what everyone's handles mean. Mine (AnnaRHR) is not particularly creative. It's my first name, middle initial, and the first letters of my hyphenated last name. I pretty much use the same handle everywhere (AcroChallenge, playsite, instant messenger, etc.)...

Like many others... mine is related to Clay dah-leeng. Build Me Up, Buttercup is one of the songs he performed on AI2 (and was one of my favorites overall)

OoOoOh, thought this would be a good place to mention that my "evil professor" name is Buttercup hehe
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

+ Reply to Thread