+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your screenname?

I'm not really sure why I used Aptly_Named, other than I have an unusual name and it suits me???? Our family uses a lot of nicknames, so whatever name I get called by my 7 brothers and sisters usually suits me, too (I won't tell you the more creative ones). My name is Jaana - but you can call me Jan.

Mine's a combination of things. My last name is Greenfield, I'm a flute teacher, and I graduated college in 98. Hence, greenflute98!
    I'm cool with green, GF, greenflute, cool dude, jerk. Whatever.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Originally posted by metwin1
    My nick is broken down this way: me-twin-1

I'm a twin. Hence 'twin' and I'm the elder twin, hence '1'. When I first used the internet I went about with the nick twin1, but it was too common. I decided to be more egocentric and added a 'me' in front. Hence metwin1.

"Me twin one." is a perfect sentence in American Sign Language.

FORT Fogey
    I'm almost embarrassed to even explain this because it's so darn straightforward.

I wanted everyone to know where I'm from because that's one of the first questions asked in chat. Therefore, I gave myself this name waaaaaaaaaay back when I started chatting in CBS' Big Brother 2 chatroom (BB1 only had message boards).

I actually started off as CAgirl and people assumed I was Canadian or from Calgary. That would never do, so from there it quickly turned into Califgirl which didn't have quite the 'ring' that I wanted and within the first month of my becoming an avid chatter I became CaliGirl. Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaa!

I don't have nearly the story CaliGirl does.
    I'm just me the science teacher.

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    I really could not tell you where i got this name from.....i have an email addy for yahoo thats madapplesauce.....but i dont know where i got that from either
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Britt4star
    hey why do yall watch reality television

I love your av, madbanana! Dilbert funnies always crack me up. They almost mirror what happens where I work at.

Because I like the Hawaiian culture and I like the way it trips off the tongue.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    My screen name is my middle name. I've always liked it and no one ever calls me that to my face unless you count my mother when she's mad and you get all three names at the same time. I think someday when I move away from here and start fresh, I'll tell everyone my name is Gracie to begin with. A new idenity without changing anything.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread