View Poll Results: Ladies: Do you think that in general, "players" are the type of guys who....

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • have sense of humour and loves to talk.

2 14.29%
  • are quiet and shy.

1 7.14%
  • .....hmmmm I don't know

2 14.29%
  • Ohters

9 64.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ladies: In general, "players" are the type of guys who:

lol_its_fun

ladies: In general, "players" are the type of guys who:

Do you think "players" are the type of guys who have great sense of humor and love to talk or are shy and quiet?
    Last edited by lol_its_fun; 02-24-2003 at 01:35 AM.

So anyone who has a sense of humor and likes to carry on a conversation is a player? Or am I missing the point of the question?

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    So anyone who has a sense of humor and likes to carry on a conversation is a player? Or am I missing the point of the question?

No, you are right Bill. Just because you have a good sense of humor and like to carry on a conversation doesn't mean you are a player. On the other hand, just because you are a player doesn't mean you have a sense of humor and cannot carry on a conversation. But think about this: Let say you are a player and you are only interested in having short term relationship with women, what characters do you need to process in order to help you to score women? Can you be shy and quiet and hide in the corner of the washroom waiting for women to approach you in the party?
    The reason I ask this question here is because a woman friend of mine recently told me that she prefers dating shy guys because from her experience, guys who are shy tend to be loyal in relationship, and players tend to have good sense of humor and are very talkative.

And again, yes I know, just because you are a Harvard student doesn't mean you are a good person, and just because you are a good person doesn't mean you are from Harvard. Common sense!

I chose others as I think that players are reckless and carefree & basically think too much of themselves

I think it's hard to state for sure what traits a player will have other then they are just looking for the short term score. I can think of some players who are very outgoing and into working the crowd but the one of biggest players I know, was a pretty quiet guy who worked on a one to one basis.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

mmm..insanely hot guys are always players
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

A player always knows just what to say, whether he means it or not. Kinda like a used car salesman. If a guy seems too slick, too perfect, you're probably being played.

Originally posted by jodaar
    ..... If a guy seems too slick, too perfect, you're probably being played.
    Hmmm, My husbands been playing me for 17 years
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Lucky guy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

My definition is the same as Jodaars.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast