+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class

Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class

Is anyone out there taking or have taken Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class?

I just attended my second class on Sunday of the 13 weeks and I think it is going to be TOUGH. I'm a little overwhelmed with the Cash Flow Management sheets right now. Just looking for some encouragement, details, or feedback from any other FPU'ers out there. . .

Didn't know what this was until I "googled" it, It seems like a great program, Too bad the "high school program" was around when I went. Try to stay positive & good for you taking the initiative!

Quote Originally Posted by workn2hard2day View Post
    Didn't know what this was until I "googled" it, It seems like a great program, Too bad the "high school program" was around when I went. Try to stay positive & good for you taking the initiative!
    Thanks for the encouragement! It sure is taking some getting used to and I'm just in the planning stage!

Here's some info on the 13 week program I copied from http://www.daveramsey.com/
    -----------------------------------
    FPU is a 13-week, life-changing program that empowers and teaches you how to make the right money decisions to achieve your financial goals and experience a total money makeover.
    -----------------------------------
    Lessons:
    1- Super Savers teaches the importance of saving money and how to get the best return on your money.
    2- Cash Flow Planning will teach us step-by-step how to put together a zero-based monthly budget and walk through how to complete all of the financial management forms with samples included.
    3- Relating with Money is about the importance of working together in relationships and how we handle money.
    4- Buying Only Big, Big Bargains teaches us Dave's personal techniques on how to negotiate and get the very best deals when buying something.
    5- Dumping Debt teaches how to get out of debt and stay out of debt.
    6- Understanding Investments teaches the difference between stocks, bonds, mutual funds, CDs, annuities, and where we can get the very best return on our hard-earned money.
    7- Understanding Insurance will help us learn the types of coverage we need when it comes to health insurance, homeowner and car insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance.
    8- Retirement and College Planning teaches about the new Roth IRA, how much to put into the SEPP and 401(k) or 403(b) plans and how to best fund your child's college education.
    9- Buyer Beware warns us about how we are being marketed to and teaches us the keys to developing the power over purchases.
    10- Real Estate and Mortgages will teach us the best way to BUY and SELL a house and the difference between a 15- and 30-year mortgage, plus the best ways to finance a home.
    11- Careers and Extra Jobs teaches the importance of doing with our life that which we love.
    12- Collection Practice and Credit Bureaus teaches us how to check and clean up our credit report and deal with collection agencies.
    13- The Great Misunderstanding will teach us the importance of being good managers over the blessings we have been given and to share them.
    -----------------

I love Dave Ramsey. Haven't had the chance to take the classes, but I have listened to his radio show. I am working on paying off my credit cards like he says. The smallest first then using what you would normally pay them to the next smallest.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread