+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peapod (home grocery delivery)

Peapod (home grocery delivery)

Is anyone else out there using Peapod (or another home grocery delivery service)?

I've been using it for about a month or so now, and I love it! It costs a bit more, but it's not prohibitively expensive, but not having to fight traffic or lines or stupid people in the aisles, it's well worth it.

It's one of the good things available by living in a big city. What with Peapod, Netflix, and Grubhub.com, I could be a shut-in and still get everything I needed

God, I'd love to never go out for groceries. Damn small town America. I already buy almost everything else online. Makeup, clothes, books, presents, etc. The extra fees are worth me not having to go fight the Walmart or mall crowds.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

LG.
    we have a similar company in our market called Simon Delivers. They're great. We use simon every week. www.simondelivers.com I was pleased with how fresh the produce is and good quality meat. They only thing we sometimes run out of is milk during the week, and then we pick it up at the gas station or walgreens. simon will even deliver beer and booze.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Our local Shop Rite has a service where you place your order online and you can pick it up (they'll do the shopping) for $10 or they will deliver it for $15. You can use coupons on the pickup service, but not on delivery.

Haven't tried it yet, but I would have jumped on it when I worked FT. Now that I'm home with my daughter, I can shop on "off hours" when it's not so busy.

Peapod (at least around here) is a service of Stop & Shop, which is much more expensive than the Shop Rite prices.

I guess it's more about convenience than price - again when I worked out of the home, I would have absolutely done this.

Peapod in Chicago isn't affiliated with any grocery store, and their prices are pretty good. I could save money going to Jewel, but then I have to deal with the idiots. Peapod also delivers beer and booze, if I want it.

It's definitely more about convenience, and I'm all about convenience.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It's definitely more about convenience, and I'm all about convenience.
    Yup - hence my addiction to netflix.....hard to justify the groceries now though

Peapod used to operate around here, but closed shop several years ago. There was another online grocery service, whose name escapes me, that I ordered from a few times. It was good, but I found myself preferring to just go to the store myself.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Is anyone else out there using Peapod (or another home grocery delivery service)?

I've been using it for about a month or so now, and I love it! It costs a bit more, but it's not prohibitively expensive, but not having to fight traffic or lines or stupid people in the aisles, it's well worth it.

It's one of the good things available by living in a big city. What with Peapod, Netflix, and Grubhub.com, I could be a shut-in and still get everything I needed
    Careful, John; you saw what happened to Sandra Bullock. :nono

I used Peapod a few times when I lived out in Connecticut and loved it. But then I began to feel supremely lazy and stopped the service. If it had been available in Manhattan while I was there (other stores had similar services but were far more expensive) I would have jumped at it. Being in Chicago it has to be a fabulous alternative!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Excuse me but something caught my eye. GRUBHUB?

www.grubhub.com - it's a site that's in Chicago, and some other cities. You enter your street address, and it shows you which restaurants are open for delivery near you, and then you can bring up scanned-in menu pages for each of those restaurants. So, if I'm in the mood for burgers, I can pull up all the burger menus, make a phone call, and I'm good to go.

They should definitely expand that to more cities. I'd love to use it when I travel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast