+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peapod (home grocery delivery)

Raises hand....I like grocery shopping. I enjoy looking at the fruits and vegetables. There I said it..lol. You can order online here as well. Also, because people still have maids, they send them to do the shopping and have a free home delivery service.

I like shopping for groceries too. It's my time to get away by myself since I usually leave the kids home with my hubby.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Do you all make a list, and if so, do you follow it closely? I shop at Kroger and know the store well enough that I make my list in order, by aisles.

I make a list, but when they get the "gringo" products in from Canada and the States I kind of go nuts. I have even been know to get on my cell phone and call every ex pat I know to tell them there are Rice Crispies in the store...

I usually like grocrey shopping, but like others, try to do it during low-traffic times. Most of the time I have a list and I carry coupons with me. I only get the Sunday paper, and only for the coupons and tv section. I don't always buy name-brand but it's nice to know I have my coupons just in case.

If the shopper services use coupons, do they pass the savings on to the customer? For me, there's nothing more satisfying than getting my total and finding out I saved $5 or more by using them. And I only use them on products I buy anyway, because the store brand is often as good as a name-brand and cheaper even without the name-brand coupon.

I also like to read the labels but don't always understand what it is I'm reading

If I lived in a big city and shopping became a hassle, then I'd definitely consider a shopper service. I do find though that by the time I'm ready to go I just want out of the store NOW, but have to wait in a long line and I almost always get behind someone who needs a price check, or the cashier has to change her receipt tape, or the cashiers are changing shifts. Wait, I did say I liked shopping didn't I?
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-07-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Peapod definitely takes coupons. I can just hand them to the delivery guy, and it shows up as a credit on my account.

I love delivery services! Fortunately, the SF Bay Area has plenty of options. I used Webvan before the big dotcom bust decimated them, and I swear it was the best produce and meat I've ever received, short of going to a farmers market and a butcher. Back then there was also a service (can't remember the name) but they would deliver anything to you. ANYTHING! If you wanted, say, *and this is purely hypothetical, you should not infer that I ever placed this order* a pint of Ben and Jerry's, a box of movie theatre popcorn, a six pack of Guiness and the newest Stephen King novel, they would go out and buy it all for you and bring to your door. Then you'd reimburse them and pay a fee for each stop they had to make while shopping for it. Freakin' BLISS for the supremely lazy. Who me?

Nowadays, both Safeway and Albertsons do home delivery, and I use them sporadically. The prices are good, and when you live up two flights of stairs, you can't beat having a man lug your groceries up and deposit them in your living room.

We also have something like grubhub, but it's called EZDineInn. Now, THAT is expensive, but I still occasionally get lazy enough to place a restaurant order.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh, I would LOVE something like this. Unfortunately, Peapod isn't available in Santa Cruz. I did a search a couple years ago for some type of online grocery delivery service in my area, but couldn't find one.

Jewels, netgrocer.com does a similar service, but they deliver to all states via FedEx. I don't know how expensive that is, though.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I lurve to grocery shop!!! I could spend hours in Walmart or any other grocery store looking at all the different brands and such....I'm a big coupon/rebate person too.
    When I visited New York, I was thrilled to death to go thru the grocery/deli that was in the Time Warner (i think) building....WOW! So many unusual choices...we definitely don't have those options here in North Alabama!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast