+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The End of the World

The End of the World

Well fellow Forters: Tomorrow is June 6, 2006. Which is 6/6/6. Which has been purported to be the end of the world as we know it.

So I thought I'd wish everyone well and say thanks, it's been great knowing you, and I hope that we all see each other again, say Wednesday? If indeed this turns out to be nothing at all.

Hugs and kisses all. And be careful out there!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Maybe the world will end and then begin again?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

MRD
    I actually read a very interesting article by a theologian concerning tomorrow and 666. I tried to go back and find it and I can't. But he said that when they go back in some of the old texts in both hebrew and greek, the original number was actually 616 and was mistranslated into the Bible as we know it today.

The other thing that was interesting purported that when Rome was persecuting the Christians, they had codes (we all know about the fish symbol) to send in letters and such and that the hebrew code for Cesaer was 666 and he was considered the antichrist back then and "the beast" but that they could not refer to him as such as it would just invite more persecution so they used the numbers to refer to him.

I actually do not believe that tomorrow or any day soon is the end of the world. I've heard different groups claim that for years and it hasn't happened yet.

And as for numbers, I believe they are just that, numbers. I don't assign any magical value to them just like I don't believe in Friday the 13th either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I don't believe in Friday the 13th either.
    WHAT??? Are you serious?!? You're totally a goner, then. If you're not prepared for the Hockey mask then you will be caught unawares and will certainly perish at the bottom of Crystal Lake.

But yeah, I feel the same way about 666 as I do any other horror story/item. It's all for entertainment (either for the people making the stuff up or for an audience.) I do not believe the world will end tomorrow, I do not believe that images and voices of the deceased are picked up by television static, I do not believe that if I say Bloody Mary three times and spin around in a girls' restroom and do something with lipstick that I will die. I'll try that in a minute, though, and report back. Do the lights have to be on or off?

Burnbrat, funny fact for you - my family cottage is on "Crystal Lake" and I've had a lot of funny looks when I tell people that.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

That's creepy, Mellon. I bet you get a lot of rowdy kids on the horror holidays, don't you? Is there a big vandalism problem?

End of the world? tomorrow?

Don't excite me!

lol!

I have a coworker who actuallly goes to a religious site where people report their "visions". She's always telling me the end of the world is coming - the week before thanksgiving, right before Christmas, just before April vacation. Hasn't happened yet. I am, however, more concerned about the avian flu than anyone else I know. I buy a little extra nonperishable food every grocery trip and push it back in the cupboard. If it never happens I'll be able to eat for free for months!
    Count your blessings!

But I got a killer base-tan (all over burn that just needs a day or two to stop throbbing) this past weekend, it CAN'T end tomorrow!!!!!

Rock Lobster!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

So it's just a coincidence that 6/6/06 is the same day as the California primary election?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast