+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The End of the World

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    And as for numbers, I believe they are just that, numbers. I don't assign any magical value to them just like I don't believe in Friday the 13th either.
    Firday the 13th was the day Jacques DeMolay and his Knights Templar were rounded up by French/Catholic forces. They were eventually executed, and many people believe that's where we get the superstition surrounding that day. (There's a similar story about the Elms of Grisor and the movie "Nightmare on Elm St.")

This isn't really a good place to get into numerology, but mathematically and physically speaking, numbers are quite significant in ways that are trippy.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    This isn't really a good place to get into numerology, but mathematically and physically speaking, numbers are quite significant in ways that are trippy.
    Well, why the heck not? Now you got me curious.

Last year was the Cinco de Mayo of Doom (5/5/05). This is going to happen until the end of the decade, and then we'll be getting the 1/1/11's and 2/2/22's. It's just numbers to me. I think Lost has burnt me out on trippy numbers.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I wonder if anything really crazy happened on June 6, 1906 or June 6, 1966.

Me, I think it's all bunk. But that doesn't stop me from going around referring to tomorrow as "the day of the devil" to see who I can rattle.

In the words of Michael Stipe: It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine. See you Wednesday.

I just might go see the new version of Omen tomorrow, though, because I do enjoy the idea of 6/6/06, if only in a strictly fictional way.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

The first time the world was going to end that I can remember, I was in 6th grade. Some crackpot minister on tv had predicted it. A few girls in class cried almost all day. Since then, the world has gone through five or six endings. Like geek, I still feel fine.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm new to this whole end-of-the-world thing. Will it be at midnight, or at 6:06:06 AM? Does it progress from time zone to time zone (which would be hourly Armageddons), or all at once (not really fair to the later time zones)? Can you trick it by hopping over the International Date Line at just the right instant? What does one wear to Armageddon?

Not really. It's easy to find coincidences; I have yet to see any correlations that indicate any basis for numerology. http://www.skepdic.com/numology.html
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I wonder if anything really crazy happened on June 6, 1906 or June 6, 1966.
    Tomorrow's date doesn't phase me, but my dad passed away on 6/7/67, then my mother passed away exactly 34 years later on 6/7/01 (both of them had a heart attack). Not quite the same thing, but I always thought that was rather bizarre, so now I get nervous on June 7th.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

All I have to say is NUTS! I finally get the last of what I needed to have every song Dean Martin recorded and now the world ENDS???

Oh well - Drink to me only.....and I will drink to you!

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Maybe the world will end and then begin again?
    Isn't that what already happened on June 6th 62 years ago?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Fort Member
    Its already 10:30am 6/6/06 here in Australia and no end is in sight
    Although i really though it had when i turned on the TV this morning to watch the news and found then debuting Paris Hilton's song. If that isnt a sure sign of the end of the world i dont know what is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast