+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Faux Tans

Re: Faux Tans

I can generally get a non-orangey tan from a sunless tanner, but they all make me itch. So I thought I'd look into this Neutrogena Sheer Body Tint I've seen advertised, but beware -- two reviews I read online said it rubs off easily on clothing, or as soon as you sweat, cry or get wet at all. :nono
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Because I'm a sucker for punishment, I tried yet another sunless tanner this year. This time, I tried Dove. The good part was that it made a difference after just one application, it's a nice non-orange colour, and for once, no streaks! The bad part...it doesn't like to come off, even with exfoliating. It looks like my skin is peeling now. But it's still the best I've used so far, so I'll be breaking it out again when I go on vacation.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2434064;
    Because I'm a sucker for punishment, I tried yet another sunless tanner this year. This time, I tried Dove. The good part was that it made a difference after just one application, it's a nice non-orange colour, and for once, no streaks! The bad part...it doesn't like to come off, even with exfoliating. It looks like my skin is peeling now. But it's still the best I've used so far, so I'll be breaking it out again when I go on vacation.
    I've been using it for a few days on my legs only....so far, it is pretty good. The color is subtle. I'm very fair-skinned, so that's good. I've never used one of these products before. Yesterday I took a bath and noticed that the color came off on my white towels. Is this normal? Is it going to rub off on stuff all the time?

Hmmm...I've had that happen with other sunless tanning products but not the Dove. It really didn't want to come off my skin at all. I think it may depend on the kind of soap you use. (As it happens, I use Dove soap as well.)
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic

I love the Mystic tan booths and if you wear those faux flip flops when you get a pedicure they work great to keep the stuff off the bottom of your foot. There is also a "sunless tan remover" you can buy from Ulta stores that has some chemical in it and some grit.
    Lemon juice and salt work well too as a remover for mistakes. You can mix lemon juice, salt and a non tanning lotion and rub it in with a scrubbie and then wash off and it will take the tan stuff off.

That's a great tip, Bandy, thank you. I'm going to try that lemon juice mixture next time I use the sunless tanner. I tried using an exfoliating scrub and it didn't do the job, but it makes sense that using something with acidity would work.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Every year, come late Spring, early, Summer I am tempted to put some self-tan on my legs. My face and arms get darker farily soon, but my legs and feet will remain bright yellow for awhile. Eventually they get to my normal reddish-brown summer color. I think I look weird with one color on top and another color on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2440279;
    Every year, come late Spring, early, Summer I am tempted to put some self-tan on my legs. My face and arms get darker farily soon, but my legs and feet will remain bright yellow for awhile. Eventually they get to my normal reddish-brown summer color. I think I look weird with one color on top and another color on the bottom.
    See, I have the opposite problem. It's my face that doesn't tan quickly. I'm afraid to use self tanner on my face because....well, if I make a mistake...how do you hide it? LOL..A bag over my head? At least with the rest of the body, you can cover it. Plus, I am prone to breakouts and am afraid the sunless tanning stuff will cause a big one. I don't use a higher SPF on my face so I have no idea why it doesn't tan as well as the rest of me. By the end of the summer, it's tan and matches, but it seems to take forever...

Saw an article on Yahoo, with some of the comments on it having some interesting suggestions and tips too-

Take the Drama Out of Sunless Tanning - Skin Type Solutions on Yahoo! Health

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789