+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Faux Tans

Re: Faux Tans

I'll quote part of Star's sig line; "Luminous beings are we"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

--

Gross, I hate fake tans. People should just embrace the skin shade/color they're born with. I've never understood why anyone would want to intentionally alter their natural skin tone. And anyway, chances are the way your skin is naturally, is probably the most flattering for you.
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by laneyrachel;2370573;
    Gross, I hate fake tans. People should just embrace the skin shade/color they're born with. I've never understood why anyone would want to intentionally alter their natural skin tone. And anyway, chances are the way your skin is naturally, is probably the most flattering for you.
    I doubt you'd say that if you could see mine. I have a yellowish cast to my skin. I look jaundiced. But its always been this way. A few days in the sun and it turns to golden.
    My daughter has the most gorgeous pale skin. She looks like snow white and its beautiful on her and fortunately she realizes it.
    Me, if I have no sun, I look sickly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2370283;
    I'll quote part of Star's sig line; "Luminous beings are we"
    Luminous, indeed, queenbee. I'm the one that people always compare their meager suntans to in order to make themselves feel better.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2364600;
    Hmfph! And just what is wrong with that?
    queenb: The problem is that my arms and face tan fairly well as I just go through summer dong the lawn and running around. I don't really sit and tan anymore. But if I wear shorts, I look like I have two different half-bodies! It's just strange. I don't wish to be really dark, just a bit evened out.

Star: I like being a luminous being too!

FYI: I started using Olay total Effects Touch Of Sun moisturizer and I really like it! It evens out my face so I don't use foundation. I always have a white neck, I think it's because of the heavy bangs I have..LOL. The sun just doesn't make it there. So I have used the moisturizer on my neck too and now my neck and face actually belong together! And it's very gradual and real looking.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

After reading a blog on MySpace from somebody that had good results with Banana Boat (Summer Color light/medium) self tanner I decided to go out and give it a shot again. The ones I'd used in the past didn't necessarily make me orange, but there was definitely and orange undertone to them on my skin. This one is awesome Not like a tropical vacation tan or anything, but at least it gives my legs a little bit of color that they don't normally have. Easy to apply, quick drying, and no streaks or orange....I'll definitely keep using it just to not look too pale.

FORT Fanatic

Best fake tanning product?

Somewhere on FORT a few weeks ago I stumbled across people discussing this topic, but now I can't find it. Care to tell me what actually works, looks natural, and doesn't turn your hands orange? Or point me to the original discussion?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I've been trying a new product (at least, new to me... it may have been out for a while) - Avon's Skin So Soft Satin Glow AirBrush Spray. It's a non-aerosol pump that mists on so lightly and evenly you do not have to rub it in at all. It starts to deepen your color within a few hours, and after a few days of application, I have the best fake tan I've ever had. Non-greasy, no streaks, very easy to apply. The scent isn't all that great, but it fades away quickly. It's more of a slight medicinal smell, not perfume-y or anything.

the thing i always find with self tanners is the way they dry my skin out... I've tried expensive ones and cheap drugstore brands but they all make my skin feel so dry and gross

I've tried a couple that claimed they didnt dry out your skin but they did.

Why can't they make a self tanner that doesnt make my skin feel like a mummy

I've tried a few over the years, but gave up as they all looked way too orange or fake on me... I have extremely light skin with pink tones that, while I don't burn as easily as some of my family, won't do much more than freckle either. It can be tricky sometimes even finding regular makeup like powder or such that doesn't look too dark or orange/gold toned. In any case, I have to be more careful about getting sun anyways because, even though I love being outdoors and like the fact that my hair bleaches out pretty good in the sun, I have a family history of skin cancer (my dad has had to have several removed from his face already), so I have to start cutting back or being more careful about sunscreen.

+ Reply to Thread