+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Faux Tans

Misskitty? the gel wasn't sticky at all?

I didn't find the gel sticky. Hair gel I used seemed more sticky. It's not a thick gel so it spreads pretty well.

But remember when you wash your hands after to wash in between your fingers. I forgot. I washed with my palms flat against each other, so now I have dark places between my fingers. Remember to do your whole toes, not just the tops, and in behind your ears and the back of your neck. Otherwise, when you put your hair up in a ponytail, it looks pretty white.

I'm learning. I did it again yesterday. I wouldn't recommend getting the dark gel. The medium should be good enough. It's just enough color for me right now so I'll be using lotion for the rest of the week. I have a bit of evening out to do on one side of my arm. I didn't miss it, it's just lighter.

I'm not dark, I'm not orange, but I'm no longer pasty white which is great since it's been raining now. And it's certainly cheaper than using a tanning bed.

However, I had hoped that the tanning lotion would actually take off the look of oh, about, 10 pounds or so. But that didn't happen. No wonder they don't have that on the guarantee! Now, wouldn't that be a great product?!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have tried the Jergens. It was OK, but I don't like the smell, and it magnified some of the freckles and scars that I have. I didn't like that. I have also tried the Clinique and No Ad. I never even notice a tan with the Clinique and the No Ad made me orange. I will probably still try more products, always looking for ways to keep the legs tanned during our few short winter months.

I had skin cancer in my early 20's. Keep an eye on any above the skin moles you have. The doctor told me that if I had to be in the sun to wear a sunscreen with nothing less than a 30 SPF. So, that is what I do now. My arms keep a light year round tan, but my legs get really pale. I pick a day (depending on what kind of weather we are having this can happen in early March or late May) when it isn't too hot, about 85 or so, and hopefully partly cloudy, and that is the day I slather on the sunscreen and get my tan. After that first day I have a light to medium tan and I am good too go for the rest of the summer. It really is true that you will burn faster if it is cloudy, but you will also tan faster with proper sunscreen. I have also started using Curel lotion, for me this has got too be the best lotion made on the planet!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I faded from the last time I used the suntan gel and decided to enhance my GLOW before I go away for the weekend. I swear, I did the exact same thing as last time, this time. What a mess....my left foot is very dark. My right leg has a big streak down the middle. Half of my body doesn't look like I did anything to it. Yikes. Major retouching tonight.

It really didn't show until this afternoon when I was trying on a pair of shorts in the dressing room. My, those lights are bright. And those mirrors are a little big for my liking. Actually, I was a little big for my liking
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I faded from the last time I used the suntan gel and decided to enhance my GLOW before I go away for the weekend. I swear, I did the exact same thing as last time, this time. What a mess....my left foot is very dark. My right leg has a big streak down the middle. Half of my body doesn't look like I did anything to it. Yikes. Major retouching tonight.

It really didn't show until this afternoon when I was trying on a pair of shorts in the dressing room. My, those lights are bright. And those mirrors are a little big for my liking. Actually, I was a little big for my liking
    I tried the L'oreal sublime and I looked orange. I tried it 3 days in a row and didn't have streaking and it was pretty even, just orange. I think I'll try the Jergens one next.

Since me and the sun don't really get along and I'm soo over the Goth look, I thought I'd try to get a fake tan instead. I picked up Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion (fair to medium skin) and surprise, surprise, a week later, I actually have a healthy, natural-looking tan! I was afraid I'd end up looking like a giant tangerine, but no such luck, thank God. So I can definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a light, subtle tan. Make sure to wash your hands after you're done, though, or else your palms will turn slightly orange.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I am really going to have to try this Dove one. I have heard nothing but good things about it. And it seems to work the fastest.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

fake tans are so gross

Quote Originally Posted by bebewood View Post
    fake tans are so gross
    You just haven't seen or used the right products yet! Some products are still bad but the industry has come a long way. I have the Dove Energy Glow and like it. But I also tan the unhealthy way as well.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I have the Dove Energy Glow and like it. .
    Archie, or anyone else that uses the dove, as the day goes on do you think you skin smells kind of burnt? I know the Jergen's smells like that
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread