+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Faux Tans

Ladies! Please! Mozzz said the brand name of the stuff was Au Courant, not Au Cougar.

You can't use oil with self-tanners, Muduh, it'll take the stuff off. And most men can't tolerate the waxing thing (didn't you see 40-Year Old Virgin?). So he probably just shaved.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Ladies! Please! Mozzz said the brand name of the stuff was Au Courant, not Au Cougar.

You can't use oil with self-tanners, Muduh, it'll take the stuff off. And most men can't tolerate the waxing thing (didn't you see 40-Year Old Virgin?). So he probably just shaved.
    But not in our fantasy, it won't. If our body building, weight lifting Mozzz wants to oil, let him oil.

Well, starting the experiment. I'm a good test subject -
    just got back from a vacation at Myrtle Beach. Lots of tan - lots of white blotches all over.
    back of each hand has about 3-4 dime sized 'lack of pigment' areas. Thats not even getting into the legs and arms. -and other areas that no one ever, ever sees.
    truly - I'm like an albino mix right now. and I'm very self conscious about it.

Picked up some Jergens natural glow and using on one hand on the 'white' areas
    Rubbing some on about every 2 hours to see if it blends in the white areas.

If I don't like it, I'll try a different suggestion from here next.

I've never actually used any kind of self-tanner, but I just wanted to mention that I got a sample of some from Clarins that smells divine. Seriously, I can't stop sniffing the box and tube it comes in. If I give it a try, I'll let you know how it works. I'm a little scared I'm going to use it wrong, and look like a gigantic, mutant, killer carrot!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    I'm a little scared I'm going to use it wrong, and look like a gigantic, mutant, killer carrot!
    OMG...SnowflakeGirl, you should have put a warning on this statement not to read if you are drinking something....you owe me a new keyboard
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mozz: I think we'd all like to know if you have tan lines too!

Ok. So I went to the drugstore. AJane: They didn't have Ponds. I spoke with a very nice fella in cosmetics who personally recommended using a gel over a lotion. (I didn't ask if he shaved first or not) And forget about the tanning wet naps.

I was surprised that I could open several brands, like the Neutrogena and Jergens and both smell them and dab a bit of each on each arm. Many other containers were sealed which I liked. Lucy: They did have the new Coppertone one but I hadn't heard if it was good or not.

So, I'm going to try the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze GEL which was on sale for $10. It's quick-dry and not sticky. I'll report back in a few days.

And if anyone is even thinking about it, do not use the tanning pills that used to be the rage a long time ago. I don't know if they're even available. But thinking of a large mutant carrot, my aunt looked like that for a few weeks.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've used several brands over the years too but tried this Jergen's natural Glow....it's not bad....I still have some Lorea'l sublime bronze from last year but I've wondered about that Dove energy glow.

Now you guys just need to post pictures of all your faux tanlines... you know, for research puproses so us guys can see if they're too orange or not. Hey, just trying to help out.
    Pick me! I want to be a judge, too!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I haven't tried many self tanners. I admit I went to a tanning bed twice before our good weather got here and once it hid, I laid in the usn a bit and now I have a nice color.

I like tan lines, my husband also thinks they are sexy, glad other men think so too, so we don't look foolish but yet sexy

Seems as though many of you like the Jergens self tanner, I think I may try some of the products mentioned above when we have a rainy week (to maintain the tan) and after summer to keep some color.

Nope...I have never bothered going to a tanning bed and don't plan on it either....I'm in the medical field and know all too well what it is actually doing to you...after awhile it makes you look older...I don't have the money to throw away on it and even if I did,I would spend it on something else.....

I'm a fair-skinned redhead and sure as heck isn't good for me especially.

+ Reply to Thread