+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: headaches

giz

headaches

Alright, I have had a headache for 9 days now and am fed up. At first I thought it was PMS, but it's not. I wake up fine, and within a couple of hours, there it is. It gets worse as the day goes on, but is generally gone by bedtime. I think I'm getting enough sleep, but spend all day yawning. I've tried pain-killers (don't work), hot water bottles on my neck (ditto) and massage (sort of ex-husband gave me a 20 minute massage which was brilliant and I felt like a cloud, but next morning it was back again). So maybe it's tension? It's in the back of my neck, my sinuses and just over my eyes. I am so done with this. Any suggestions? (sort of disinclined to go to the doctor as he'll just fob me off. They all lack a certain creativity in diagnostics and prefer to have multiple visits, IMO, so that they can charge and charge again).

If its not stress (I get stress migraines), it sounds like it could be a sinus infection. This time of year, they are pretty common and can cause excruciating headaches.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I think a husbandectomy might do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy View Post
    I think a husbandectomy might do the trick.
    Jewelsy...you so bad!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

A decongestant? Claritin-D is my friend... Especially this time of year...

Do you wear glasses? Maybe get your eyes checked?
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

As wonderful as the FORT people are, I don't think that I'd trust them with the diagnosis and treatment of medical maladies. If over-the-counter meds aren't cutting it, get to a doctor.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I've had some wonderful advice from forters. But I have to agree that the best thing for you to do is to go to a doctor. You can't play around with your health. I'm sure it is a sinus infection, but you can never be too safe
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I feel your pain! Ever since I began puberty I have spent my Teen years and so far the better part of my adult years with a headache more often than not. It's a good day when my headaches don't affect me all day... and a rare day that I don't have one at all. 13 or so years now and no one has been able to alleviate this problem for me. When I was pregnant it was 9 months of the least headachy I can ever remember being! I bet next time I'm not so lucky I really hope you are having some allergies or sinus headaches or something and that it goes away soon! *hugs*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

giz
    Thanks guys, I hadn't thought of a sinus infection. I did wonder if I suddenly had allergies. I do get migraines (rarely), but it's not a migraine. I can function, but it's just this constant grinding pain. I wonder though, if the massage did the trick, if it might be tension. I just hate going to the doctor because it's such a production line in this practice, and they almost always say "if it's still bothering you in a week, come back", even when I lie and say it's been going on for months. I'll give it another few days and then go in. (I would change doctors, but we've got a doctor shortage and it's next to impossible to change).

Ug I know what you mean about doctors..
    You let a sickness go on for ages before calling and they still treat you as if you rang them up at the first sign of a sniffle or something. And then charge you an arm and a leg for the insult.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast