+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Energy/Metabolism Booster?

Energy/Metabolism Booster?

I'm just wondering if anyone uses an energy booster? I've tried several different ones & they all seem to work about the same, so I was just trying to find out what other people use.

Thanks
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

holly71, I run borderline Anemic, so my energy is great one day and then the next three or four days I feel as if I don't even have the energy to get out of bed. I have been taking the natural supplement Korean Ginseng for a while now. It gives me that much needed extra boost. Friends who have tried it have said it gave them WAY too much energy and they couldn't sleep, so it didn't work for them. I take two at 6:45 every morning, if it is going to be a really long or hectic day I will take 3. I sleep just fine at night, as long as I take them as soon as I wake up. If we sleep in and don't get up until 9 or so, I only take 1. I buy them at Wal-Mart.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

You can try an ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack. When used properly it can help boost your metabolism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Melitta, seeing as we are both chronically anemic, and sometimes it's an effort for me to blink, I'm going to take your advice and try that gingseng.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Premium Member
    A friend gave me a bottle of Limu juice to try. It's a seaweed extract from Tonga that is supposed to give you more energy, stabilize blood sugar and more. The cd she gave me to listen to didn't work so I don't know what else it does. You can check it out at www.thelimucompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana View Post
    Melitta, seeing as we are both chronically anemic, and sometimes it's an effort for me to blink, I'm going to take your advice and try that gingseng.
    Texicana, I will not start my day without the Ginseng. I have tried going a day without it and I really notice a difference in my energy level. On the plus side for me, is it also took care of my allergies. I have ran out of the Ginseng twice now (won't happen again!) and both times my allergies returned with a vengence. As soon as I get about a weeks worth of Ginseng in me...they are gone. The Ginseng has been wonderful for me and my mom, who also runs borderline anemic. My sister in law tried it. She took one pill at 4 AM (when she goes to work) and said that she couldn't go too sleep until almost 24 hours later! I have found that two pills a day in the morning are good for me. Good luck and let me know if it works for you.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere View Post
    You can try an ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack. When used properly it can help boost your metabolism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack

I am really leary about using Ephedrine.

Really good vitamins and some good exercise first thing in the morning will boost both energy and metabolism. My dr. recommends a brisk 30 min. walk before eating breakfast and I take some excellant vitamins and I have seen a real difference since starting this regime.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I am really leary about using Ephedrine.

Really good vitamins and some good exercise first thing in the morning will boost both energy and metabolism.
    You've never been severely anemic have you? The thought of brisk exercise is exhausting.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana View Post
    You've never been severely anemic have you? The thought of brisk exercise is exhausting.

Actually I am severly anemic. I have iron defiency anemia and take both B-12 shots monthly and get transfusions of iron twice a year by IV. I have also had 3 blood transfusions because of the anemia. I do not absorb iron through eating, so I have to have it intraveniously. My blood is checked montly to keep me from getting too low.

So yes, I know how exhausted you can get from anemia and that is why I make regular visits to my hematologist to make sure I don't get that way again. And the walk does energize me. Not so when I was anemic. But let me tell you what I was told: that severe anemia can cause neurological problems that cannot be reversed if not taken care of. So I hope you are under a doctors care for the anemia as I struggled with it for 3 years and was all kinds of sick before I finally got sent to a hematologist and he's been like a godsend to me and has kept my blood up and running like it should be.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks,myrosiedog! I take iron supplements but that's the extent of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast