+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Big Thank You To John & His Mods!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

A Big Thank You To John & His Mods!

I've been meaning to post this for a while and kept forgetting...so while I remember...a big THANK YOU to John and all the moderators here who make this board such a fun and welcoming place. I notice this even more when I check out other forums/boards (the ones on AOL are horrific--it seems like every AOL member who posts is either an idiot or a racist or a sexist!).

Thanks to Lucy, the first mod who helped me out when I was new and I kept posting in the wrong spots! Remember that Lucy? Ah, good times... (And yes, I had read the instructions but I was still confused!)

Thanks to Marleybone for her patience when I kept asking why something was inappropriate...

Thanks to Hepcat for keeping things from boiling over when conversations steer off course...

And, of course, thanks to John for answering my PMs about which section a new thread should be started...The answer was so obvious to him but he didn't make me feel like a pain in the butt OR a big ol' dummy for asking.

I wanted to start this thread 'cause I think human nature is to complain more than anything else. So it's time the mods/John got some compliments for the good work they've done--work that I would be too lazy to do!

Don't get me wrong--I haven't agreed with everything everyone has said, and I've been pretty vocal when I disagree. But it's pretty nice to come here and see what everyone has to say about one of my favorite shows or what not.

So, thanks not only to John and the Mods, but also to all the FORT folks who make this such a fun place to be (even when I'm whining about something REALLY important to me--but probably to no one else)!

Just as an FYI, Lois, the staff is:

Red=Mods
    Blue=Writers
    Orange=Forum Assistants.

I completely agree with your sentiment, though. John and the staff have always done a wonderful job keeping this board a friendly place to post.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Just as an FYI, Lois, the staff is:

Red=Mods
    Blue=Writers
    Orange=Forum Assistants.
    Thanks Stargazer! I'll forget this in a day, I'm sure!

I totally agree. This place is so welcoming and wonderful! I have been on many other msg boards for many other reasons and this is by far the best on every level
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

MRD
    I 2nd that emotion!

Thanks John and the rest of you. You do a great job and this forum shows it. Like Lois said other forums pale in comparison to this one.

And I've met so many wonderful people on there that I feel have become friends in that weird online way. I may not know the face, but I know and like the people I post and PM with.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

well I had to jump in here too and say thanks as well.

My name WAS JamiLee for a long time (I was green)

I changed it to Marisol (don't even know why)

I forgot my password and have had to bother John more than once. I've been a PITA here and there but, still get treated with respect.

I leave here from time to time as a lot of us do just cuz real life calls.

I always come back.

I've been away for the longest time (new job with 60+ hours) no time
    until just recently.

I wrote a nasty post to someone and I got a message telling me just that. I felt like I deserved to be chastised (lack of a better word) because I was being immature. It was done in a classy way though that just made me look at my actions and I should have ignored a poster or whatever.
    I knew to that I was flaming (hindsight you know)

Anyway, I never go anywhere on the internet so far as any of my favorite shows go. I had in the past and the fighting and really all the bs was too much.
    I LOVE this site and think I'll always be a grateful member.

John can be a toughie but, I can't imagine trying to run a site this huge.

So cheers to John and the mods for running a very classy yet still very fun site!!

I would never be patient enough. Good job guys and girls.

giz
    Me 4. I'd like to thank them for always keeping the tone positive. It's rare on forums to find people who like to have intelligent, supportive discussions, and that's down to the mods and the tone they set.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    Me 4. I'd like to thank them for always keeping the tone positive. It's rare on forums to find people who like to have intelligent, supportive discussions, and that's down to the mods and the tone they set.
    Well I have to also say that its a credit to this site (and John) that it attracts fairly intelligent, rational people who can discuss subjects, disagree without getting nasty and also be so supportive of each other.

I have been on sites where the spelling and grammer were so bad you wondered how they were smart enough to turn on the computer. And the nastiness level was just horrible.

Here, everyone I've posted with or PM'ed with has been smart, funny and classy and fun to post with.

Thank you John and EVERYONE else for having a place where we can go and have reasonably intelligent conversations with each other and not have to wade through BS and ignorance.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I agree with everyone else and also want to thank John and all the mods and Forum Assistants.

I have went on other message boards where the IQ is barely there. I signed up for this message board because of the intelligent discussion and members who could make comments beyond "They are sooooooo hot!". I appreciate everyone who helps to keep this board going strong.

Just the other day, one of our members made quite an inappropriate post on the ANTM forum. Faster than I could report it, ShrinkingViolet had already removed the post. That kind of quick work and commitment is what keeps our boards better than any others on the internet. Good job, guys!

I can only add YEAH Isn't This just about the best site on the web?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast