+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Housecleaning/Maid Service questions

Re: Housecleaning/Maid Service questions

Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with Method, I'll have to look for the floor cleaner next time I'm at Target. Unfortunately, when I moved to Wisconsin, I moved away from Lowe's. I really miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2565307;
    Lois I use Murphy's Oil Soap for all of my wood products. I don't really like Pledge because it builds up.. besides I find that when I use Pledge fingerprints show up more readily.

Murphy Oil Soap – Murphy's Original Formula, Squirt & Mop, Spray and Wipes for all your wood care needs!
    I had read on the "This Old House" website not use Murphy's oil on wood because it would gray the wood.......anyone else hear this?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I asked the floor guys what they recommended for hard wood floors and they said vinegar and water is the safest way to go. So I think I'm going to start with that. I've got plenty of both! The cleaning service I use uses just water and a rag, I think...

I think we need a cleaning--organization hint thread....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2571165;
    I think we need a cleaning--organization hint thread....

Vonna - The koffee klatsch should be good for all kinds of useful and useless info and other tidbits of life
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Stainless steel cleaners?

What do you all use to clean your stainless steel appliances? I've heard that dishwashers with stainless steel interiors can benefit from the use of vinegar.

But for cleaning the exterior of something like a fridge or stove, what do you all use? I've checked's GE's site for their appliances and they give contradictory information! They recommend one cleaner that's mineral based...and then they say not to use a mineral based cleaner! Thanks all!

Re: Stainless steel cleaners?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2594113;
    What do you all use to clean your stainless steel appliances? I've heard that dishwashers with stainless steel interiors can benefit from the use of vinegar.

But for cleaning the exterior of something like a fridge or stove, what do you all use? I've checked's GE's site for their appliances and they give contradictory information! They recommend one cleaner that's mineral based...and then they say not to use a mineral based cleaner! Thanks all!

I read in Real Simple (Sept 2007, I believe) that the best cleaner for the exterior of stainless steel appliances is just a mixture of dish soap (ie: Dawn) and water. Made it seem very simple, however, I have yet to try it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2594113;

They do make products to clean your stainless steel but there is an organic cleaner made by Earth Friendly Products called Parsley Plus that I tried on my stainless and it leaves it gleaming.

When I got my stainless refrigerator, the salesperson told me to use Avon's Skin So Soft. It works great, and smells good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2594364;
    I read in Real Simple (Sept 2007, I believe) that the best cleaner for the exterior of stainless steel appliances is just a mixture of dish soap (ie: Dawn) and water. Made it seem very simple, however, I have yet to try it.

thats what a few of my friends use. excellent.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast