+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Social Networks

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3298897;
    It was Office Space, not Along Came Polly. I'm an Office Space geek

I only joined Facebook to look at pictures my friends post to their Facebook. I spend enough time on Fort, I don't need to have another site that I'm on all the time!
    I've never seen Office Space, but I know the flair is mentioned also in Along Came Polly when Jennifer Aniston's boss is talking about her uniform. Must be in both movies!

I'm on both Myspace and Facebook and I used to like Myspace more, but now I'm kind of into Facebook. I guess I'm just an internet nerd.
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

I like facebook as I've been able to reconnect with a lot of old friends and share photos with friends and family. I don't get into sending and receiving flair, green patches, southern stuff, etc. It's kind of neat, but it's a waste of time when all I want to use FB for is contact with certain people.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i still have a myspace but never use it other than a monthly search for old classmates

facebook, on the otherhand, has been awesome. i've gotten reconnected with so many old friends and classmates, some of them that i haven't seen since 1977!

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3298829;
    And presents? Someone sent me a virtual present and wanted me to send them one. Do you have to pay for that stuff?
    You don't have to pay, but you do have to download that application to your facebook (kind of like webapps for iphone).

I used to have myspace, but I found that most of my friends and most of the people I want to keep in touch with use facebook.

i ignore or block all applications that people try to send me (except for flair ... i have fun with those). i don't think most people are aware that you can skip that screen where it wants you to invite all of your friends.

I wasn't sure how injured someone might feel if I ignored thier flair or gifts. I can do without that stuff.
    I joined a geocaching group and now everyone on there is trying to add me as their friend. I'd rather keep my friends to just people I actually know. So I have ignored a few requests and hope it doesn't give me a bad name in the geocaching community. I know I saw a link once that said "Quit Group" but now I can't find it anywhere. I'd rather quit the group then have to keep ignoring friend requests.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

My problem with a lot of them is the requests from so many who I don't even know. And, much of the time they just want a recommendation or a referral.

MRD

You can ignore the "gifts" and I don't think the sender even knows if you ignored it. I ignore that stuff ALL the time and yet, they still send it.

I don't get the people that want to be your friends and you don't even know them. It's like they have to have a whole lot of people in their "friends" column to prove they have them. I've ignored several people that I don't know WHO they are. They usually come from other friends as I don't belong to many groups.

I have reconnected with several friends from high school and it's been fun to catch up with them. That's pretty much what i want it for. I don't want to do all the applications. But I do have fun updating my status. I try to think of clever things to put in there. That's probably the one place on FB I have the most fun and that draws the most comments from people.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

i have a note on my profile requesting people to not even bother 'friending' me unless they already know me from somewhere else, either in real life or my favorite online message boards. and when the occasional idiot ignores that and still requests friendship, i just ignore it.

i've seen some people with nearly 1,000 'friends' ... they're definitely 'serial adders' .... what a joke.

I agree. It's not impossible to know that many people and I can see if you're a celebrity having that many. But for us regular folk, it's ridiculous!

+ Reply to Thread