+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Social Networks

Re: Social Networks

I agree....I hate the new layout as well. I liked one 'page' it was simple. Now it is a jumble. Messy. However it won't deter my usage of the app.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

the only thing i use myspace and facebook for is finding old friends ... and at my age, that's hard to do LOL, but i'ave managed to hook up with several old classmates, even a couple of them from elemetary school! okay, so i enjoy the 'flair' part of facebook way too much LOL

as for classmates.com, i haven't been able to get that page to load in over a year. i keep getting emails from them saying i have messages but the page won't load. even when i type the url directly, i get the dreaded "cannot display the webpage" error.

Gotta say, I'm a fan of neither MySpace nor Facebook, but I do like LinkedIn.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Call me an idiot but it took me a good few minutes to figure out how to write on a friend's wall today.......... damn I hate this new layout.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3202299;
    the only thing i use myspace and facebook for is finding old friends ... and at my age, that's hard to do LOL, but i'ave managed to hook up with several old classmates, even a couple of them from elemetary school! okay, so i enjoy the 'flair' part of facebook way too much LOL

as for classmates.com, i haven't been able to get that page to load in over a year. i keep getting emails from them saying i have messages but the page won't load. even when i type the url directly, i get the dreaded "cannot display the webpage" error.
    I'm a flair junkie too!

My newest, most favorite flair says: "House for President". (I love House)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Torn on the new Facebook; but, I don't hate it like almost everyone I know seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3202286;
    I'm on Facebook and MySpace and I've discovered that it's really difficult to find old friends. You can spent a lot of time searching and end up empty-handed. And I'm not that interested in getting hundreds of "friends" I don't know at all.

I'm also on Classmates.com. We are having our XXth Grad Reunion next weekend!! Out of a graduating class of a couple hundred (big school), there's only about 12 people who are showing up for dinner. With girls getting married and changing their names, and men moving around for jobs, unless they have logged on and actually check their e-mails, it's difficult to reach people you may want to tell about the reunion. Very sad. Mind you, our school and year were kinda pathetic when it came to participation anyway.

Maybe I should go to my reunion face-painted! My twin sinister has no desire to go. Oh well.
    My XXth reunion is next weekend too! Out of 77 people, we have about 13 - plus spouses so far for 26 people in all for dinner. Not too bad.

I had joined myspace about 2yrs ago. But I never really understood how to manuver around it or really what the point to it was. And then someone hacked my account and sent spam mail to my few contacts. And then they hacked all of my kids accounts and did it to them. My kids said I just needed to change my password as this was something that happend all the time on there. I decided I didn't really want to be on a site that could get hacked that much.

I just joined facebook about two weeks ago and I really like it. Some things I think are kind of silly. Like "flair". What is the point to that? Seriously. I'd appriciate someone telling what that actually is. And presents? Someone sent me a virtual present and wanted me to send them one. Do you have to pay for that stuff?

But I have found an old high school friend so that was awesome. And then just by chance I was contacted by my 10yr old halfbrother who I haven't seen since he was 2yrs old. His sister had just joined facebook too and she was able to post a lot of pictures of him for me. That was really cool.
    So I'm enjoying facebook and like it a lot better then myspace.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3298829;
    I had joined myspace about 2yrs ago. But I never really understood how to manuver around it or really what the point to it was. And then someone hacked my account and sent spam mail to my few contacts. And then they hacked all of my kids accounts and did it to them. My kids said I just needed to change my password as this was something that happend all the time on there. I decided I didn't really want to be on a site that could get hacked that much.

I just joined facebook about two weeks ago and I really like it. Some things I think are kind of silly. Like "flair". What is the point to that? Seriously. I'd appriciate someone telling what that actually is. And presents? Someone sent me a virtual present and wanted me to send them one. Do you have to pay for that stuff?

But I have found an old high school friend so that was awesome. And then just by chance I was contacted by my 10yr old halfbrother who I haven't seen since he was 2yrs old. His sister had just joined facebook too and she was able to post a lot of pictures of him for me. That was really cool.
    So I'm enjoying facebook and like it a lot better then myspace.
    I love the flair feature on Facebook. I have a bunch. Basically they are just funny little "buttons" people send to you that have funny pictures or sayings on them. You can add them on your profile. I have a bunch of Penn State flair.

Do you remember the movie "Along Came Polly"? On Jennifer Aniston's uniform, she was required to have a certain amount of "flair" or crazy buttons/pins. This might be where the name came from. Anyway, it's just a feature for fun.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3298861;
    Do you remember the movie "Along Came Polly"? On Jennifer Aniston's uniform, she was required to have a certain amount of "flair" or crazy buttons/pins. This might be where the name came from. Anyway, it's just a feature for fun.
    It was Office Space, not Along Came Polly. I'm an Office Space geek

I only joined Facebook to look at pictures my friends post to their Facebook. I spend enough time on Fort, I don't need to have another site that I'm on all the time!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread