+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Social Networks

Re: Social Networks

*raises hand* I don't exactly hate it, but I'm definitely not in love with it either. It isn't the most user friendly layout, but I think it's better than the myspace one. Well the one myspace had when I was still a member.

As an aside, I read an interesting article in the paper yesterday how social networks are more popular than "adult" sites now. I found that rather telling of the times.

Me too Ashley. I really don't like it at all.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i HATE the new style. it takes even LONGER for stuff to load, not to mention, it's BUTT UGLY.

I don't like the new design either but I don't sign on that much so it's not too big of a deal. I'm more of a myspace user. I didn't realize how hated it was until I signed on and saw there are links devoted to people wanting to start petitions and such to go back to the old layout.

I get annoyed at all the notifications I get to add this or that application. I had to block applications on myspace because I absolutely hate the "I bought you as my worker or pet" apps.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I avoid most things like the plague so, for the time being this too shall pass.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

The home page I don't mind so much, but I hate how they broke profiles up into multiple pages. Too much effort! And the wall is a mess. It makes absolutely no sense that they made status updates huge and bold. I know what I type for my status, and neither I nor probably anyone else cares what it was three weeks ago. I mean, really.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3201111;
    Does anyone here who uses facebook absolutely HATE the new facebook layout?
    ME!!! I can't find anything now. I can't find my friends or groups or applications and I hate it.

I wasn't a huge user of Facebook, until I signed up for my HS page and I've heard from people I haven't seen in years. It's been fun catching up with old friends and classmates.

But not anymore as I hate the new layout. Why did they change it?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I HATE it. I gave it the 'okay, just because its not what you are used to doesn't mean it as bad as you think' leeway I give new layouts, but it still stinks. I can't figure out what is just for me, what everyone else sees about me, etc and I can't find anything that I used to be able to. Grrr. Basically I ended up signing up for email notifications and only go in that way and see new things. Hopefully they are seeing enough grumbles that they do something. Anything. I get that they don't want to be like myspace, but they should at least try to be somewhat usable.
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fogey

I think I really really lucked out with Facebook. I must have signed up for it in either the last couple of days of the old layout, or right when the new layout started. I've heard all sorts of people complaining about it, but I didn't know the old layout well enough to know I should hate it. One of the few times that it pays off to be the last to finally catch up with the masses.

I'm on Facebook and MySpace and I've discovered that it's really difficult to find old friends. You can spent a lot of time searching and end up empty-handed. And I'm not that interested in getting hundreds of "friends" I don't know at all.

I'm also on Classmates.com. We are having our XXth Grad Reunion next weekend!! Out of a graduating class of a couple hundred (big school), there's only about 12 people who are showing up for dinner. With girls getting married and changing their names, and men moving around for jobs, unless they have logged on and actually check their e-mails, it's difficult to reach people you may want to tell about the reunion. Very sad. Mind you, our school and year were kinda pathetic when it came to participation anyway.

Maybe I should go to my reunion face-painted! My twin sinister has no desire to go. Oh well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread