+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2169092;
    I just saw on the news that there is a worm going through MySpace pages. I think it takes your registration or log-in information and sends you spam.
    It is pretty easy to check for and get rid of.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Social Networks

I just figured out about Facebook yesterday and signed up. Is anyone else on Facebook?
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I have both a myspace and facebook, but being Canadian and not from a large centre, I find facebook is very much more Canadian driven. There seem to be a lot more Canadians on facebook than myspace.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I personally heard from someone who lives in Canada that Facebook is bigger there then any other online journal, so much that they're banned in offices and/or gov. offices i believe.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I have a facebook account and myspace. I even created a myspace account for the dogs. They have many more "friends" than I do. I do my "blogging" on a site called LonghornNation.com - based out of Austin - UT, I found a lot of my friends from Austin on there - really keeps me in touch with the social events as well as lots of discussions much like we have here. I like it because you can post pictures and blog and give and receive comments and message like Myspace without all the spam and men hitting on you.

I Is Stephanie

I have MySpace and Facebook, too, however, I don't add people as my friends unless I know them well. Not so much because my parents monitor me (I'm not even sure that they'd make it past the home pages), but because I think it seems awfully fake to have 1000 friends. I mean, seriously, if you were dying, would all 1000 of them really show up to say goodbye? I doubt it. So I have between 10-15 friends on each site.

I guess I got them initially because eeryone had one, and I wanted to see what was so great about them, but at this point, it's mostly so that I can send a message to Craig and actually get a response (which doesn't always happen with postcards...), which is pretty cool.

I don't know. I mean, the risk is definitely there, but I think there's just as much of a risk for AIM users. (And FYI, I use AIM, too!) You don't see AIM being blasted by the media. Just what I'm seeing though.

It's pretty neat so far. I've added a lot of my co-workers and people I used to work with as friends. I was wondering about the applications that you can add. Are they safe?
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

They're safe. All of my friends add them. I stick to the basics. But some of them are pretty neat.

Thanks CA!

My Space

There may already be a thread like this one

Does anyone here My Space? I'm trying to find some nifty reality TV layouts and I'm having a hard time! Maybe because I'm incompetent when it comes to computers, I don't know.

Thanks for any help!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread