+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2131553;
    ....A couple of my students bugged me into getting on awhile ago, and I registered and promptly forgot about it However, two weeks later I got an add request from a friend of mine from Junior Academy --- who now lives in Germany and a couple of days after that I got an add request from one of my best friends from when I use to live in Northern Ireland. In the past hour I have found 50 friends that I went to college with over in England, who now live all over the globe.
    So, I am greatful for myspace at the moment. I will be adding my myspace address to my profile if any of you want to add me.
    I'm scared to get a myspace account. What if no-one is looking for me? Wouldn't that just be really sad. It would be like getting the No New Mail popup everytime I log on.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Kitty, don't get one. I'll be your friend.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2131770;
    I'm scared to get a myspace account. What if no-one is looking for me? Wouldn't that just be really sad. It would be like getting the No New Mail popup everytime I log on.
    One thing that I did not realise, that I really like is how private you can make it. I have it set up so no one can see my profile until after I have added them. Plus, if I want to blog something and not send it to my Mum, I can send it to select people

Plus...I can set it up so I have to approve the comments.

I certainly wouldn't encourage kids having it....I would say late high school up.

As for people not looking for you...just look for them. It's pretty easy and lots of fun to see what old friends are up to.

I would add you if you had one.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;1883963;
    I have had so many major arguments with my 13 year old son about wanting a myspace account..."All my friends have one", "You can set it to private so only people who have a password can access it", "You're so overprotective-you never let me do anything I want to do".......you know..all the typical stuff....I've told him I'm sorry..this one is a DEFINITE no-go!

Tho I have to admit I've caught myself checking out different pages and seeing the graphics and pics...yeah, I can see where its enticing....
    I'm just learning html, and I don't have a myspace account. Maybe you're son could start his own website. I'm finding that you can create and host a website really cheap, and he can still hang with his friends or even run his own forum, and you can make sure he doesn't put too much personal info. All the wacko's always ruin everyone elses fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2132559;
    ...I would add you if you had one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyLee
    ...Kitty, don't get one. I'll be your friend.
    Awww shucks, guys, thanks. .

My brothers-in-law are into myspace right now so my husband and I got an account too. Then I found out a friend of mine has one and some of the sis-in-laws have one. I think it can be fun but also can be trouble. Time will tell which one it is for me! And we're all way over the age of 18 . So I guess the biggest problem will be if some hot chicks try to be on my husband's "friends" list :nono

PM me if you have a myspace and would like to be added to mine. But I may be discretionary on who I add. Sorry, I'm a cautious (suspicious? lol!) person .

My son has his own website (he's 20) and doesn't have a myspace. He doesn't seem too interested in one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2167060;
    ...My son has his own website (he's 20) and doesn't have a myspace. He doesn't seem too interested in one right now.
    ARC: You have a 20 year old son? You don't look a bit over 25 yourself!

The first place we go when trying to dig up information on prospective girls on The Bachelor is myspace. If we are quick enough and get there before ABC makes them shut down their sites, we get LOTS of info just perusing the site sleuthing for clues ... terrible voyeurs
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    I guess none of you have heard of Bebo?
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I just saw on the news that there is a worm going through MySpace pages. I think it takes your registration or log-in information and sends you spam.

+ Reply to Thread