+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Results 361 to 366 of 366
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Social Networks

  1. #361
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    12,482

    Re: How many of you have made a Vero account? Is it the new hot thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    A few weeks back I saw a lot of social media influencers making Vero accounts, so I was wondering is it the hot new thing or is not relevant? Do you have a profile there?
    Never heard of it, bluejeans?

    Like Gut, said can you elaborate?
    KAREN

  2. #362
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,857

    Re: Social Networks

    momrek06 and Photobabe like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #363
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,993

    Re: How many of you have made a Vero account? Is it the new hot thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    A few weeks back I saw a lot of social media influencers making Vero accounts, so I was wondering is it the hot new thing or is not relevant? Do you have a profile there?
    I find it interesting, since they're trying to be the anti-Facebook/Instagram:

    "As an advertising free platform, we don’t view addiction to our service as a measure of success. We want Vero to enhance your life, not detract from it.
    That’s why we stay away from using methods like sending notifications about things we ‘think’ you may be interested in just to get you back into the app.
    Whilst Vero has not been designed to be addictive, digital addiction is rampant and many of us struggle to find a balance when using technology - particularly social apps."


    They're not advertising to its users, or sharing their information with advertisers.
    And there is something to that "addiction" to social media; I've seen so many people who can't do a thing w/o their phones on, checking it, posting things, etc. Kids are especially vulnerable.

    So, it may not be for me, but Vero's got a unique spin on the social media scene. And, it's not even new: an article said they've been around since 2015 (okay, not old either. ).

  4. #364
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    599

    Re: How many of you have made a Vero account? Is it the new hot thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I find it interesting, since they're trying to be the anti-Facebook/Instagram:

    "As an advertising free platform, we don’t view addiction to our service as a measure of success. We want Vero to enhance your life, not detract from it.
    That’s why we stay away from using methods like sending notifications about things we ‘think’ you may be interested in just to get you back into the app.
    Whilst Vero has not been designed to be addictive, digital addiction is rampant and many of us struggle to find a balance when using technology - particularly social apps."


    They're not advertising to its users, or sharing their information with advertisers.
    And there is something to that "addiction" to social media; I've seen so many people who can't do a thing w/o their phones on, checking it, posting things, etc. Kids are especially vulnerable.

    So, it may not be for me, but Vero's got a unique spin on the social media scene. And, it's not even new: an article said they've been around since 2015 (okay, not old either. ).
    I looked at it. Since it appears to be app-based, I went no further. I am a little funny about unnecessary apps since a hijack could possible steal my banking app log-in and password.
    navybelle likes this.

  5. #365
    FORT Newbie bluejeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    13

    Which social media do you use actively?

    This morning I got an update on my Instagram page that they've made some changes in the Terms because of the recent Facebook events and this made me ask myself- which social media platform is safe? It appears that Instagram is owned by Facebook since 2012 which I didn't know. Nevermind, just some of my thoughts...
    The question is which social media do you use? And is there something new on the market that I can sign up for that is worth?

  6. #366
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    599

    Re: Which social media do you use actively?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    This morning I got an update on my Instagram page that they've made some changes in the Terms because of the recent Facebook events and this made me ask myself- which social media platform is safe? It appears that Instagram is owned by Facebook since 2012 which I didn't know. Nevermind, just some of my thoughts...
    The question is which social media do you use? And is there something new on the market that I can sign up for that is worth?
    I just use twitter and they are having some big privacy policy update getting ready to roll too. Haven't bothered to read the details. I mostly just text the people I want to stay in touch with, often with random pictures while in random places. Kind of my calling card--"Can you believe the price of liver at Walmart!!!!!!"

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.