+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Even with an age limit, they could easily lie about their age and im sure they already have. I don't think the saga of myspace is going to end well.
    A few months ago i think i would have agreed when all of the MySpace news was blowing up but as i said when i started this thread, they have partnered with Cybertipline and NCMEC to help keep the site safer for teens. The site itself if being proactive but cannot protect kids by themselves. Parents need to take some responsibility and watch after their kids and what they do online.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I also think kids need to be aware of online safety and what information not to reveal on websites (this especially grinds my gears).
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I honestly don't even get the hoopla. Those myspace accounts are the lamest things i've ever seen. It's nothing more then a bunch of teeny boppers trying to value their worth by the amount of "friends" they add. I really just laugh.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm not a fan of Myspace either. All it is are just crappy webpages with stupid slogans and ugly, gaudy glitter graphics that take up way too much space and make it look cluttered. Very overrated.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    the only reason i have a myspace is to connect with former classmates ... which at my age, are hard to come by. i've found two so far. lol

i do nothing else with the site.

i agree that it's butt fugly ....

The appeal for younger kids is to make friends and keep in touch with their friends from school. I am not saying i agree with it but my younger cousin who is 16, has the phone in one hand and is on Facebook at the same time. Its a little absurd how connected kids are these days. What ever happened to playing outside and talking on the phone was enough?

Benjamin Franklin.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Whatever happened to phones, emails and instant messages all together?
    The latters are easily qick and painless, yet they're forgone.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Whatever happened to going outside to play? And getting some exercise and fresh air? And talking to people face to face? And know who you are talking to? And writing letters or sending cards? I know. I'm really behind the times.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Miss Kitty, i completely agree. I love sending cards and getting them. I think its one of the nicest gestures because people hardly do it anymore.

Benjamin Franklin.

I am here to take back any negative thing, well lets not take it quite that far , that I have said about myspace.

A couple of my students bugged me into getting on awhile ago, and I registered and promptly forgot about it However, two weeks later I got an add request from a friend of mine from Junior Academy --- who now lives in Germany and a couple of days after that I got an add request from one of my best friends from when I use to live in Northern Ireland. In the past hour I have found 50 friends that I went to college with over in England, who now live all over the globe.

So, I am greatful for myspace at the moment. I will be adding my myspace address to my profile if any of you want to add me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread