+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ulfmann's "too lazy to look things up" thread

Who has this Problem???

Ok, So.. I have Dial-Up Internet......I HATE IT.I REALLY want Cable I've convienced my dad but I'm still working on getting my mom into this. Who here has a problem with dial-up.....I meen its so fricken slow......Anyways I was just wondering If every1 hates dial-up as much as I do....Hey does any1 know a good Cable provider I think I'll go with Charter, But if any1 could gimme a different option, I love that.
    Peace

Nvm...MY DAD JUST ORDERED IT YAY!!!
    Peace

ULF, I recently switched from dialup to SBC/Yahoo DSL, but Charter is also decent.

Ok,Thx for the heads-up, I'll prolly check that out ..Thx
    Peace

I could have given you some tips to speed up your dial-up, but now that you're going to do the broadband, it's all moot.

A buddy of mine from work got the Charter last week. He had good things to report. (Keep in mind we're Microsoft consultants.)

Now, all you have to do is discourage your neighbors from getting Charter, too. Otherwise, break their legs when they start talking about getting cable modem.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'm still on dial up phat

I never had problems though. Perhaps if I used braodband on other computers I wouldn't like it, but it really seems pretty fast to me

The ONLY reason I would want dsl or the like is so I didn't tie up my phone line.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Wondering...

I was just wondering why this place doesn't have a forum for "My Life Is a Sitcom" or would that be classified as "Not a Reality Show"?(Just asking)
    Peace

Probably because it's a foregone conclusion most of our lives are like sitcoms. Am I the only one to think I'm living "The Truman Show"?

That might be a bit dramatic, but my girlfriend is like "Janine" from "Hidden Hills", my soon-to-be mother-in-law is overbearing and full of useless advice, my best friend is a crazy alcoholic, I have a sexy ex-girlfriend who's always lurking around and seems to be giving the hint she wants to hookup, my mother is well-meaning but misguided, my brother is a political radical, and my boss is passive-aggressive, like any of the management from "Office Space".

I myself sometimes feel like the PG-13 neurotic leading men from sitcoms, but wish (and sometimes succeed) at being the funny lead guy in the R-rated movies.

Had enough?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Cali,

John and Wayne could probably back me up on this, but the Number One rule we try to pass on to IT newbies is, "If it works for the customer, DON'T FREAKING TOUCH IT."

If you're happy with the dial-up, hey, you're in like Flynn.

We have a thread for it, but apparently no one watches it, so there wasn't any interest. Probably the same reason we don't have forums for Real World, Tough Enough, Fifth Wheel, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast