+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 126 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

MRD

Re: Gas Prices

Well apparantly one of the problems the South is having and especially the Carolinas is that while 20% of the NATIONS fuel comes from those refineries in Texas. MOST of the South and the Carolinas (where we live) comes via a pipeline from Texas. So it is going to be much more difficult and much more expensive if they have to truck in gas instead of the pipeline supplying it.

And yes, people fill up tanks because without electricity, you can't buy gas. When Charley hit in Florida and our area was without electricity, there was gas at the gas stations, but no way to pump it. My husband actually drove 45 miles to get gas at a station that had electricity to pump gas. One friend of mine was without power for 45 days following Charley and they had to rely on generators. They had filled up their cars and extra gas cans, but still ran out of gas for the generators and getting more was a real problem. Compounding their problem was that they were not on city water, so had to rely on a well with an electric pump for water, so they couldn't even take showers. Her husband was able to rig the generator to the pump so they could get some water.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

$4.00 around here now.

4.00 to 4.22 / gallon around this part of Ohio, Unk.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

can't even get to the gas stations right now that have power, they are so packed. Think I'll just stay home...

MRD

I called 6 gas stations on the phone today looking for gas. We finally found some about 10 miles from the house. I think we coasted in on fumes. There is now a HUGE gas shortage here. No one is driving ANYWHERE they don't have too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My nearest cheapo station is now down to $3.48!!! I honestly cannot remember how long ago it has been since it was below $3.50!

We're at $3.32 here in Columbus. My Olds has a 26 gallon tank. I put in 25.91 gallons @ $3.859 (premium) last week. Exactly $100 for gas.

We've been holding steady at $3.79 for around 3 weeks now.

MRD - once you found a station with gas, how much was it?

Strangely, I live in Metro Atlanta, yet have not sat in a gas line, nor 'ridden around looking for gas" even once. It's like it's become a fad or game here, where everyone is scared to pass up buying any gas they see, chasing the gas trucks, and fighting while they wait.
    I just don't worry, until I'm close to 1/4 tank, then carefully check out the stations I pass on the way home from wotk; there is always at least one with gas, and no line. Then again, I've always made sure to buy gas in the middle of the week, and or very early on a Sunday morning--works for me!
    I am seeing gas in the city (ATL) at around $4.10, outside city limits it is between $3.59 and $3.89, for the most part. There is one independant station near my house that has their gas priced at $$.10, much more than surrounding ones, but it seems to have kept them from running out. I'm keeping it in mind in case the prior part of my post has "jinxed' me and all my usual places are sold out on my Gas Day thursday early am.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i was watching a movie the other day that was made in 1993 and in one scene, they filled up their jeep cherokee and it cost $15.00! man, those were the days, eh?

+ Reply to Thread