+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

I am going to take Pom's advice and get a locking gas cap, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chesara
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/popup?id=1038616

*Buy at the right time. The day and time when you buy gas does matter. Through Labor Day, don't buy gas on Mondays and Thursdays.
    This is true. It was so hot on Sunday and I really didn't want to get out of the car to fill up, but thought that 2.37 was a good price. Good thing I did because the exact same gas station was up to 2.69 Monday morning on my way to work. I couldn't believe that it would go up that much.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I occasionally park in a commuter lot that has a lot of homeless people hanging around, so more than vandals I worry about people jumping into the Jeep to catch a nap . . . or, even worse, to have a "date" with that certain, special other homeless guy or gal!!!

For some reason, I find this the funniest thing in the world.

I too have a locking gas cap and keep the key on my key ring. Living close to Detroit, I feel safe with it

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie

For some reason, I find this the funniest thing in the world.

I too have a locking gas cap and keep the key on my key ring. Living close to Detroit, I feel safe with it
    Same thing I was thinking.
    I LOVE KATAMARI!
    YOU LOVE KATAMARI!
    WE LOVE KATAMARI!

<- The Shark Is This
    ^
    | THERE HE IS!!!!!!

The cheap station near our house is $2.79 for regular unleaded. The problem is that so many cars are lined up there that is takes about 15 minutes to get to a pump...and they are really slow pumps. The station has 24 pumps and it is constantly packed. I just spent the day in San Francisco for an art show and had to pay $2.95. Other stations were well over $3.00.

To answer the question about driving less...Yes! But not really because of the gas. My husbands new position is only 2 miles from our house and my two older children don't start school until the end of the month so we have really just been hanging out. I am so glad we don't have to commute.

We are trying to figure out what car to purchase to accomodate our brood and which of our cars to sell. These gas prices are really causing us to reconsider our options. Yikes.

I bought mine at Advance Auto Parts for $24

Ok...I love all you guys, but you do realize that you are taunting us Canadians and other foreigners with your CHEAP prices....lol

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile
    Ok...I love all you guys, but you do realize that you are taunting us Canadians and other foreigners with your CHEAP prices....lol
    I for one, have been knowing this for a long time! The US has always had the cheapest fuel in the world, but many people don't realize just how much less expensive it is here! When I bought my truck in 2000, I really wanted a full size model, but there were already rumblings that gas would be going way, way, up shortly. I figured that with my long commute, the biggest thing I had better get was a 4 cylinder Nissan Frontier. I'll probably have to get another vehicle next year, and so I'll probably keep the truck to haul stuff in, and get a little 30+ mpg car to drive the other 95% of the time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I just wanted to say that gas prices in my area are up to $3.19 a gallon, with predictions for it to rise more over the labor day weekend. Earlier in the week, I pulled into a gas station and it was $2.49. I was in line for 10 minutes and when I got to the pump, it was $2.79.
    Is anyone curtailing their labor day plans because of high gas prices?
    We were going to go to Ohio, about a 4 1/2 hr drive, but will probably not go now.

FORT Fanatic
    Here in Cleveland, Ohio we went from 2.53 to 3.09. This was within one day.

+ Reply to Thread