+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 126 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

The Canadian dollar is currently a couple of cents lower than the USD. It barely counts.
    In the summer, I cross the border a couple of times a month. You can bet I gas up in the States.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Wow...gas went down .01 today. It's currently at 3.87
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I just paid $3.75 for regular for my Mitsubishi and $3.95 for high test for my Olds. That is down .04 from last night. Circle K is selling their $50 gift card for $48 which I didn't realize until I came back with my Olds. I just spent about $103 on gas. And both cars had a 1/4 tank of gas in them. This is after saving $2 with the gift card.

Last night some thieves stole the diesel out of the delivery truck at my husband's work. It's ridiculous how the price of gas affects the price of everything because everything has to be transported.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

$3.75 on average around here. Good news because we are headed out of town this weekend.

4.28 here *sigh* And hubby can't bike to work any more because he's still in physical therapy
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

it's unbelievable how the prices keep going up no matter what goes on with the price of oil. on the way to work yesterday, they were saying on the radio that the barrel prices went down $25 but it might be a while before we see the effects in our prices. then on the 6pm news, they said the barrel price sky rocketed AGAIN and the gas price is going up AGAIN.

My husband just came back from over seas and he said that in Saudi Arabia they are pumping more and more, getting out as much as they can and that there is concern over there that the main oil field will dry up in a few years if the demand keeps up at this rate.

Anyways with the high demand from China for oil coupled with so many investors dumping money into futures since the dollar is so weak, it will just keep driving the price of gas up as people try to make money off that. Its mostly not the barrel prices that are affecting the price at the pump....its speculating and how much China (and a couple other countries that have suddenly become oil hogs) are using.

We got rid of one of our gas guzzlers yesterday and after 4 hours of back and forth actually got the blue book for it (they had originally only offered us $8,000 for an SUV worth 19K) so I'm very happy about not taking a beating over the truck and being in a car that gets 35mpg...woooo! So it can be done, just takes a lot of hard work on the sellers part (getting rid of a gas guzzler)

A few months ago, one of our area's gas chains started building a new gas station. The grand opening was on June 5th and ends today. They are selling gas for $3.93 per gallon. (Everywhere else around here is between $4.03-$4.15) The lines have been sooooo long!

My husband went to get my parents' boat out of winter storage this morning and then was to bring it up to the lake for them. Gas up there is anywhere from $4.49-$4.89 per gallon. On his way to pick up the boat, there were about 10 cars in each of the lines at the new gas station. After picking up the boat, there were only two cars waiting. So he turned around and got in line. Filled up the tank (23 gallons) in the boat as well as filled up his truck. The boat cost over $90 to fill up. I think we will probably just take the boat out into the middle of the lake and hang out on it, rather than driving it around, waterskiing, tubing, etc., this summer. The jet skis are still sitting on the trailer. I don't think the kiddies are going to get much use out of them this summer. If they want to use them, they can fill them up first!

My son decided to take his car off the road once the price went to $4.00 a gallon. He now rides his bike to the bus stop, puts the bike in the bike rack on front of the bus, and rides the bus to work. It takes longer, but he is not complaining. He does plan on doing this for as long as he can weatherwise. He figures he will re-register the car in the fall and use it six months during the winter. Eventually, he wants to get a motorcycle and figures with what he saves in gas and insurance, it shouldn't take him too long to reach that goal.

I heard on the news last night, that gas could go up to $5.00 per gallon by July 4th.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3043454;
    My son decided to take his car off the road once the price went to $4.00 a gallon. He now rides his bike to the bus stop, puts the bike in the bike rack on front of the bus, and rides the bus to work. It takes longer, but he is not complaining. He does plan on doing this for as long as he can weatherwise. He figures he will re-register the car in the fall and use it six months during the winter....
    wow, very cool idea. good for him!

they just showed a report on our local news that some criminals broke into a gas station in charlotte, north carolina after it closed for the night, turned on the pumps, and started selling the gas at a discounted rate. apparently they completely emptied out all of the gas they had in the underground tanks and made quite a bit of money. and it was all caught on camera! i bet gas station owners all around the country will be waching their stores a little closer now!

+ Reply to Thread