+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

I'm heading to LA today - going to scope out the gas prices along the way, should be interesting. Gas has been holding steady here at $4.39 a gallon for over a week now. I will report back tonight on what I found.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Seriously, we need to ban together as Americans and write to our congress men and women letting them know that if they don't do something about the price of gas, they we will not re-elect them. This is the only way something is going to happen.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3026585;
    Seriously, we need to ban together as Americans and write to our congress men and women letting them know that if they don't do something about the price of gas, they we will not re-elect them. This is the only way something is going to happen.
    Not hardly. Our government is not going to do one damn thing about gas prices and congress has the least ability to do anything at all about them.
    We're literally being held over a barrel by foreign oil.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Regular

AMEN to the gas prices. Pass the peas & cornbread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be shot for saying this but all the billions of dollars spent to go to Mars and collect dirt, etc. should have been spent on finding a way to make fuel out of our resources like corn. I bet if they used that money we could already have begun to get away from our dependency on oil.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3026642;
    I may be shot for saying this but all the billions of dollars spent to go to Mars and collect dirt, etc. should have been spent on finding a way to make fuel out of our resources like corn. I bet if they used that money we could already have begun to get away from our dependency on oil.

You are right and if they had continued what was started in the 1970's during the first oil embargo, we'd be 30+ years ahead of where we are today.
    We had the opportunity to look for alternate fuel back then and the oil companies effectively kept that from happening. We could be totally independent of foreign oil or any oil for that matter today and it was NOT done.

Did you know that President Carter, had solar panels installed at the White House and had a commission looking into alternative fuel and energy supplies and when Reagan took office, he had the solar panels removed and the commission disbanded.

We could be so far ahead today if only............

Yup. This country is beginning to frighten me and it takes alot to frighten me! I long for the day when I can relax and enjoy life instead of worrying about everything! Hormones in meat, pesticides on our veggies and fruit, gas, global warming....... it's no wonder I don't sleep!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3026642;
    Or the hundreds of billions flushed away on Operation Enduring Quagmire . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3026655;
    Or the hundreds of billions flushed away on Operation Enduring Quagmire . . .
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

$3.84 here...a friend of mine works at a car dealership and he said they are giving little to no trade in allowance on SUV's right now...I miss my Honda Accord!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread