+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

The holiday rush is over, the demand isn't there, and the oil companies get their holiday gouging in. That's about a 20¢ gallon drop from yesterday.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-27-2008 at 09:10 PM.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

wow, i hope ours drops by friday ... right now we're still at 4.09

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

that's an awesome website, huh?

and i'm jealous!!!

That's going to cost me about $12.50 less to fill up my cruiser now.

MRD

I've noticed a LOT less traffic on the road. My daughter and her boyfriend borrowed my car tonight to run an errand. They were gone 2 hours and when I called, they said: "we're just riding around". I lost it and said: "NOT ON MY GAS".
    So they put gas in the car.
    I'm getting really stingy with my driving and gas and they heard about it when they got home!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3025336;
    I'm hearing that if you have an older economy car and you don't use it you could make a mint on it right now!!
    No kidding! My mechanic offered to buy my '04 Saturn Ion.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The Shell station down the road is charging $4.17 for regular. That's not even the highest right now - some places in town are charging $4.25/gal. I've taken to coasting everywhere I can and I accelerate as slowly as possible. I don't think I've done over 65 (speed limit) in a week or more. I'm trying anything I can think of to increase my gas mileage. So far, it seems to be working.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Unklescott: Prices tend to go up on Fridays as they try to get the weekend travelers.

Ellen: When my husband got back from deployment we were going to buy him an ION. We scoped them out last year but have since discovered that Saturn stopped making them. Grrrrrrrrrr.....an inexpensive car that gets great gas mileage, gee can't imagine why they would stop making them.

Critical: I was just going to post something that is annoying the daylights out of me about these gas prices. People slowing down so much! I know that going slower equals better gas mileage but I keep having to deal with people going 20 under on the Interstate. We commute to work and its so frustrating especially when they are in both lanes and won't move over! I wish the cops would start giving out tickets to all these people going so slow. We have slowed down too, to the speed limit, but not 20 under. 45 on the interstate, that's just asking to get run over.

I've been reading everywhere that the prices are so high not because of demand (mostly) but because of the weakened dollar and investors running over to dump all their money into speculating gas prices. That it has created this huge bubble and there will be more chaos when it explodes. As these investors gamble on the barrel prices going higher and higher and as all these big financial institution's post that they think the barrel price will reach this much....it drives the price up and up. I just wish they would stop already!

MRD

Well my solution this week to saving on gas, has been to get sick. Amazing how much more you stay home when you don't feel good. My car has only left the driveway 3 times since Mon. and that was to take daughter to school. And once when daughter and boyfriend borrowed it to joyride and got yelled at. So anyone wanting to save on gas, let me know, I'd be more than happy to infect others in the name of saving money on gas.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread