+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 126 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3021416;
    no one here in michigan can figure out WHY we're up there so high with california. and in my city, for some reason, our prices are considerably higher than the surrounding cities, so some of us are willing to drive 20 miles to save $0.10 or more. personally, i haven't done that YET...but i've considered it!
    If you save ten cents a gallon and have a 20-gallon tank, you save $2 on a tank of gas. Two dollars buys about half a gallon of gas. Unless you get 40 mpg, you are not going to get ahead driving 20 miles out of your way for slightly cheaper gas.

I'm trying to limit myself to ten gallons a week, and I may cut it back to seven, or even five. It works OK except when I have to do a lot of driving at work. I also use the cost of gas to justify the unkempt state of my lawn, but the real truth there is that I just don't like doing yard work
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3021490;
    If you save ten cents a gallon and have a 20-gallon tank, you save $2 on a tank of gas. Two dollars buys about half a gallon of gas. Unless you get 40 mpg, you are not going to get ahead driving 20 miles out of your way for slightly cheaper gas.
    see, that's what i've been thinking. yes, the gas may also be a few cents cheaper six miles across town, but when i have a 15 gallon tank, how much difference does a few cents really matter? not much.

hubby is like that - driving across town to get cheaper gas.
    I don't drive a whole lot, working from home. But I consider my time a premium asset. I'll just hit the one up the street - its not that big of a difference, honestly, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3021281;
    I wonder which state has the cheapest gas prices in the country? (Just curious). I can tell you its not around here where I fill up at $4.19 a gallon. My brother uses diesel & its $4.69 a gallon now! Yikes
    Diesel here in CA is $5.29 a gallon

While running errands today, saw a station that was 3.67....grrr....this after I filled up yesterday at 3.89 and thought that was a good price. Granted the station was 20 miles away but if I had known? I could have hit it while doing the errand or waited till I drove past it at work. When you have an 18 gallon tank, those couple of bucks make a difference but not enough to go out of my way for it.

I'm hearing that if you have an older economy car and you don't use it you could make a mint on it right now!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

oh i bet ... i had a cute little geo metro until a couple of years ago. i sure miss that little car right now ...

Heard on the news that Ford has decided not to manufacture big amounts of trucks this year. I've also heard they are focusing on the smaller cars and making them more fuel efficient. I hope this doesn't mean huge layoffs for workers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

It dropped here in Columbus to $3.82 for regular. I held off filling up my cruiser hoping it would go down. Now, do I wait for it to go lower or take a chance now?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3025703;
    It dropped here in Columbus to $3.82 for regular. I held off filling up my cruiser hoping it would go down. Now, do I wait for it to go lower or take a chance now?
    REALLY?????? any word as to why it dropped so low????

+ Reply to Thread