+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Re: Gas Prices

Just paid 3.89 to fill up and that was $61..yikes. Thank goodness I only have to do that once a week.

What part of the country are you in Harmony? Like Angelic just said, it's $4.00 here.

Virginia. After I filled up? Found a station a few miles down the road that was 3.72! I was so mad but didn't have enough gas to go all the way over into the other county that is always a good 10 to 15 cents cheaper than everybody else (because of the county tax). We have state, county, city taxes to contend with on everything. They have even tried to add a district tax on top of all that! I thought we had one of the highest gas taxes around but I was wrong, sure does feel like it though.

Check out this link to see how much your gas tax is LINK

Man, I'm so not complaining anymore. Just saw how much the guys out in California are paying in gas tax.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-24-2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Because evidently we don't have the highest gas tax!

Yes - the gas taxes are pretty crappy here Current prices here today - $4.39 a gallon...

As if all the other taxes here in CA aren't high enough already.... I sooo need to move out of this state!

our gas price went down to $3.97 for unleaded... but that's 1 cent below what we, the company paid for the gas that's in the ground now. So for every gallon of gas that my store sells, we're loosing money... let alone figuring in all the costs of fees and the ilk with so many people using debit and credit cards to pay for gas. That's what people seem to not realize, especially those calling to boycott and stop buying gas. It's the stores like where I work who get hurt the most. I think, normally, we only make around 10 cents a gallon max profit on gas. We end up having to raise our inside prices on product to compensate.

I also find it amusing that somebody will come in and complain about the price of gas while they're sipping their $4 mochas and buying a $6 pack of cigarettes.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I wonder which state has the cheapest gas prices in the country? (Just curious). I can tell you its not around here where I fill up at $4.19 a gallon. My brother uses diesel & its $4.69 a gallon now! Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3021281;
    I wonder which state has the cheapest gas prices in the country? (Just curious).
    Check out this site. There is an interactive map that can tell you. They also have a Canadian map.

Columbus Gas Prices

Wow, Unk, looking at that map, I'm glad I'm not in California or Michigan.

Prices here in SC are $3.79 for regular...unfortunately I have to use premium at $3.99.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3021281;
    I wonder which state has the cheapest gas prices in the country? (Just curious). I can tell you its not around here where I fill up at $4.19 a gallon. My brother uses diesel & its $4.69 a gallon now! Yikes
    the gasbuddy website is pretty handy. they have a map that shows each area and you can zoom in to cities and see specific gas stations.

USA National Gas Temperature Map

i've noticed that usually, missouri has the cheapest gas (the darkest green on the map), but wow, right now wyoming has it! arizona appears to be 2nd cheapest.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3021324;
    Wow, Unk, looking at that map, I'm glad I'm not in California or Michigan.
    no one here in michigan can figure out WHY we're up there so high with california. and in my city, for some reason, our prices are considerably higher than the surrounding cities, so some of us are willing to drive 20 miles to save $0.10 or more. personally, i haven't done that YET...but i've considered it!

+ Reply to Thread